Affiliation: University of Rochester
- An introduction to survival models: in honor of Ross PrenticeDavid Oakes
Department of Biostatistics and Computational Biology, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 630, 14642, Rochester, NY, USA
Lifetime Data Anal 19:442-62. 2013..I briefly describe some models for competing risks data, multiple and repeated event-time data and multivariate survival data. ..
- Survival methods: additional topicsDavid Oakes
Department of Biostatistics and Computational Biology, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Ave, Box 630, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Circulation 117:2949-55. 2008
- Combining stratified and unstratified log-rank tests in paired survival dataDavid Oakes
Department of Biostatistics and Computational Biology, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 630, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Stat Med 29:1735-45. 2010..Simulation studies with Hougaard's model confirm our construction. We also study the robustness of the combined test by simulations...
- HTRF analysis of soluble huntingtin in PHAROS PBMCsMiriam Moscovitch-Lopatin
From the Massachusetts General Hospital M M L, R E G, J J R, H D R, S M, A B Y, S M H, MassGeneral Institute for Neurodegenerative Disease, Department of Neurology, Charlestown, MA University of Rochester Medical Center S E, D O, Department of Biostatistics and Computational Biology, Rochester, NY Veterans Administration Hospital W M, Bedford, MA and Program for Regulatory Science and Medicine I S, Georgetown University, Washington, DC
Neurology 81:1134-40. 2013....
- Fatigue in levodopa-naive subjects with Parkinson diseaseG Schifitto
University of Rochester, NY, USA
Neurology 71:481-5. 2008..Fatigue is a common complaint in Parkinson disease (PD). We investigated fatigue in a cohort of previously untreated patients with early PD enrolled in the Earlier vs Later Levodopa (ELLDOPA) clinical trial...
- IL-1beta augments TNF-alpha-mediated inflammatory responses from lung epithelial cellsSara Saperstein
Department of Environmental Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Interferon Cytokine Res 29:273-84. 2009..These data suggest IL-1beta modulates TNF-alpha-mediated inflammatory lung diseases by enhancing epithelial cell TNF receptor surface expression...
- The tampon test for vulvodynia treatment outcomes research: reliability, construct validity, and responsivenessDavid C Foster
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Obstet Gynecol 113:825-32. 2009..We report upon the reliability, validity, and responsiveness to change of the Tampon Test as an outcome measure for vulvodynia clinical trials...
- A longitudinal program for biomarker development in Parkinson's disease: a feasibility studyBernard Ravina
Department of Neurology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York, USA
Mov Disord 24:2081-90. 2009..The PostCEPT cohort and associated studies strongly support the feasibility of the LABS-PD approach of retaining and repurposing clinical trial cohorts to collect longitudinal clinical and biomarker data...
- Cancer incidence in a trial of an antiapoptotic agent for Parkinson's diseaseSteven R Schwid
Department of Neurology, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York, USA
Mov Disord 25:1801-8. 2010..Melanoma occurrence in our PD patients was greater than predicted compared with the general population and was unrelated to dopaminergic therapy. Clinical surveillance of PD patients for melanoma may be warranted...
- Oral desipramine and topical lidocaine for vulvodynia: a randomized controlled trialDavid C Foster
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Biostatistics, Anesthesiology and Neurology, and Psychiatry, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Obstet Gynecol 116:583-93. 2010..To estimate the efficacy of common treatments for vulvodynia: topical lidocaine monotherapy, oral desipramine monotherapy, and lidocaine-desipramine combined therapy...
- Gender differences in mortality in patients with severe sepsis or septic shockAnthony P Pietropaoli
Department of Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Gend Med 7:422-37. 2010..Although the incidence of sepsis is higher in men than in women, it is controversial whether there are sex-based differences in sepsis-associated mortality...
- Design and analysis of two-period studies of potentially disease-modifying treatmentsMichael P McDermott
Department of Biostatistics, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Control Clin Trials 23:635-49. 2002..Advantages and limitations of the various designs are discussed...
- Impact of sustained deprenyl (selegiline) in levodopa-treated Parkinson's disease: a randomized placebo-controlled extension of the deprenyl and tocopherol antioxidative therapy of parkinsonism trialIra Shoulson
University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14620, USA
Ann Neurol 51:604-12. 2002....
- Senior academic physicians and retirement considerationsArthur J Moss
Department of Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642 0653, USA
Prog Cardiovasc Dis 55:611-5. 2013..What is certain is that careful planning, innovative thinking, and the incorporation of new patterns of medical practice are all part of this complex transition and timing of senior academic physicians into retirement...
- Characterization of the Huntington intermediate CAG repeat expansion phenotype in PHAROSAnnie Killoran
University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA
Neurology 80:2022-7. 2013..We aimed to describe the clinical phenotype conferred by the intermediate-length huntingtin allele CAG repeat expansion in a population-based study...
- Association of C-reactive protein and serum amyloid A with recurrent coronary events in stable patients after healing of acute myocardial infarctionTareq S Harb
Cardiology Unit of the Department of Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York, USA
Am J Cardiol 89:216-21. 2002
- Atherosclerotic risk genotypes and recurrent coronary events after myocardial infarctionArthur J Moss
Cardiology Unit, Department of Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York, USA
Am J Cardiol 96:177-82. 2005....
- Motor abnormalities in premanifest persons with Huntington's disease: the PREDICT-HD studyKevin M Biglan
University of Rochester, Rochester, New York, USA
Mov Disord 24:1763-72. 2009..Longitudinal assessment will help inform whether motor items will be useful measures in preventive clinical trials...
- Prevalence and penetrance of HFE mutations in 4865 unselected primary care patientsPradyumna D Phatak
Rochester General Hospital, 1425 Portland Avenue, Rochester, NY 14621, USA
Blood Cells Mol Dis 29:41-7. 2002..TS screening would detect most C282Y homozygotes but not the other two genotypes. The penetrance of C282Y/C282Y is significant. The biochemical penetrance of H63D/H63D and C282Y/H63D is modest and the clinical penetrance is low...
- Randomized clinical trial of pacifier use and bottle-feeding or cupfeeding and their effect on breastfeedingCynthia R Howard
Department of Pediatrics, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York, USA
Pediatrics 111:511-8. 2003....
- Levodopa and the progression of Parkinson's diseaseStanley Fahn
Columbia University, New York, USA
N Engl J Med 351:2498-508. 2004..This study assessed the effect of levodopa on the rate of progression of Parkinson's disease...
- Rasagiline improves quality of life in patients with early Parkinson's diseaseKevin M Biglan
Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Mov Disord 21:616-23. 2006..Rasagiline improved QOL compared with placebo. This QOL improvement appears to be accounted for primarily by the symptomatic benefit of rasagiline...
- A randomized controlled trial of etilevodopa in patients with Parkinson disease who have motor fluctuationsKaren Blindauer
Department of Neurology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 53226, USA
Arch Neurol 63:210-6. 2006..Etilevodopa is an ethyl-ester prodrug of levodopa that has greater gastric solubility, passes quickly into the small intestine, is rapidly hydrolyzed to levodopa, and has a shortened time to maximum levodopa concentration...
- Transtelephonic home blood pressure to assess the monoamine oxidase-B inhibitor rasagiline in Parkinson diseaseWilliam B White
Division of Hypertension and Clinical Pharmacology, Pat and Jim Calhoun Cardiology Center and Clinical Trials Unit, University of Connecticut, Farmington, Connecticut 06030 3940, USA
Hypertension 52:587-93. 2008..3%, 2.6%, and 2.9% of the placebo, 0.5-mg, and 1.0-mg rasagiline groups, respectively. These data demonstrate that rasagiline did not induce postprandial hypertension in patients with Parkinson disease who were on an unrestricted diet...
- Serum urate as a predictor of clinical and radiographic progression in Parkinson diseaseMichael A Schwarzschild
MassGeneral Institute for Neurodegenerative Disease, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
Arch Neurol 65:716-23. 2008..To determine whether concentration of serum urate, a purine metabolite and potent antioxidant that has been linked to a reduced risk of Parkinson disease (PD), predicts prognosis in PD...
- Measuring the effects of therapy in Parkinson diseaseClifford W Shults
JAMA 291:2430-1; author reply 2431. 2004
- Predictors of deterioration in health-related quality of life in Parkinson's disease: results from the DATATOP trialConnie Marras
Division of Neurology, Toronto Western Hospital, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Mov Disord 23:653-9; quiz 776. 2008..Our focus in clinical care needs to be broadened beyond assessing and treating Parkinsonism, recognizing the impact of mood, cognition and function on HRQOL...
- Effects of coenzyme Q10 in early Parkinson disease: evidence of slowing of the functional declineClifford W Shults
Department of Neurosciences, Mail Code 0662, University of California San Diego, 9500 Gilman Dr, La Jolla, CA 92093 0662, USA
Arch Neurol 59:1541-50. 2002..Parkinson disease (PD) is a degenerative neurological disorder for which no treatment has been shown to slow the progression...
- Reliability of reported age at onset for Parkinson's diseaseCarson R Reider
Department of Neurology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Mov Disord 18:275-9. 2003..The three measures of age at onset of PD show excellent agreement, strengthening confidence in the reliability of the reported age of clinical onset for PD...
- Interrater agreement in the assessment of motor manifestations of Huntington's diseasePenelope Hogarth
Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239 3098, USA
Mov Disord 20:293-7. 2005..We expect these findings to translate to a similar level of interobserver agreement in the clinical trial setting involving experienced investigators examining live patients...
- Drug-induced psychosis in Parkinson disease: phenomenology and correlations among psychosis rating instrumentsKelvin L Chou
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Brown Medical School, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Clin Neuropharmacol 28:215-9. 2005....
- Fear of health insurance loss among individuals at risk for Huntington diseaseEmily Oster
Department of Economics, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Am J Med Genet A 146:2070-7. 2008..Alleviating the fear of health insurance loss may help those who want to pursue genetic testing for many other conditions. [ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT0052143]...
- A study of chorea after tetrabenazine withdrawal in patients with Huntington diseaseSamuel Frank
Department of Neurology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Clin Neuropharmacol 31:127-33. 2008..To assess tetrabenazine (TBZ) efficacy by evaluating the change in Huntington disease-associated chorea resulting from TBZ treatment withdrawal...
- Head injury and Parkinson's disease risk in twinsSamuel M Goldman
The Parkinson s Institute, Sunnyvale, CA 94089, USA
Ann Neurol 60:65-72. 2006..Twin studies circumvent some of these problems, because twins are genetically and environmentally much more similar than typical cases and control subjects...
- Serial immune markers do not correlate with clinical exacerbations in pediatric autoimmune neuropsychiatric disorders associated with streptococcal infectionsHarvey S Singer
Division of Pediatric Neurology, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Rubenstein Child Health Building, Suite 2158, 200 N Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Pediatrics 121:1198-205. 2008....
- Preparing for preventive clinical trials: the Predict-HD studyJane S Paulsen
Department of Psychiatry, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242 1000, USA
Arch Neurol 63:883-90. 2006..The optimal design and outcome measures for preventive clinical trials in neurodegenerative diseases are unknown...
- Beyond disgust: impaired recognition of negative emotions prior to diagnosis in Huntington's diseaseShannon A Johnson
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, USA
Brain 130:1732-44. 2007..In contrast to previous results, we found no evidence of relative impairments in recognizing disgust or fear, and no evidence to support a link between the striatum and disgust recognition...
- Verbal episodic memory declines prior to diagnosis in Huntington's diseaseAndrea C Solomon
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, Indiana University, 1101 E 10th Street, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
Neuropsychologia 45:1767-76. 2007..These findings indicate that verbal episodic memory is affected in early pre-diagnostic HD and may decline as striatal volumes decrease and individuals approach the motor diagnostic threshold...
- Coordination and Statistics for CoQ10 in PD in Phase 3David Oakes; Fiscal Year: 2007..To prepare reports for this committee including unblinded data & to maintain & document the confidentiality of such reports. ..
- TRAINING ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH BIOSTATISTICSDavid Oakes; Fiscal Year: 2007..Two postdoctoral traineeships are awarded to establish an alternating two-year program. ..