Trevor L Nydam
Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Hypertonic saline attenuates TNF-alpha-induced NF-kappaB activation in pulmonary epithelial cellsTrevor L Nydam
Center for Trauma Research and Department of Surgery, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80045, USA
Shock 31:466-72. 2009..These results show that HTS inhibits TNF-alpha-induced NF-kappaB activation in the pulmonary epithelium and, further, our understanding of its beneficial effects in hemorrhage-induced ALI...
- Severe paraneoplastic hypoglycemia in a patient with a gastrointestinal stromal tumor with an exon 9 mutation: a case reportGuillermo A Escobar
Department of Surgery, Division of GI, Tumor and Endocrine Surgery, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 E, 9th Ave, Denver, CO 80262, USA
BMC Cancer 7:13. 2007..It tends to present in large or metastatic tumors, and can appear at any time in the progression of the disease. We present herein a case of NICTH in a GIST tumor and report an exon 9 mutation associated to it...
- Hyperosmolarity attenuates TNF-α-mediated proinflammatory activation of human pulmonary microvascular endothelial cellsAnirban Banerjee
Department of Surgery, Denver Health Medical Center, University of Colorado Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Shock 39:366-72. 2013..01). In conclusion, HTS reduces PMN-HMVEC adhesion and TNF-α-induced proinflammatory activation of primary HMVECs via attenuation of nuclear factor-κB signaling...
- Postshock mesenteric lymph induces endothelial NF-kappaB activationSagar S Damle
University of Colorado at Denver, Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80204, USA
J Surg Res 143:136-40. 2007..We therefore hypothesized that PSML would cause IkappaB degradation with subsequent NF-kappaB phosphorylation and nuclear translocation...
- Refractory postinjury thrombocytopenia is associated with multiple organ failure and adverse outcomesTrevor L Nydam
Department of Surgery, University of Colorado Health Science Center and School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Trauma 70:401-6; discussion 406-7. 2011..In addition, recent studies suggest that platelets play a critical role in postinjury hyperinflammation. Therefore, we hypothesized that postinjury thrombocytopenia is a marker for progression to MOF...
- Red blood cell supernatant potentiates LPS-induced proinflammatory cytokine response from peripheral blood mononuclear cellsJoel M Baumgartner
Department of Surgery, University of Colorado, Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Interferon Cytokine Res 29:333-8. 2009..This response is accentuated with storage duration and partially attenuated with leukoreduction. These findings may partially explain the immune activation seen clinically after blood transfusion...