Affiliation: University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Vitamin D insufficiency is associated with diabetes risk in Native American childrenPhyllis A Nsiah-Kumi
Internal Medicine Pediatrics, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 4085, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 51:146-53. 2012..The authors examined vitamin D insufficiency and its association with body mass index (BMI) and insulin resistance...
- Communicating effectively with vulnerable populations during water contamination eventsPhyllis A Nsiah-Kumi
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Water Health 6:63-75. 2008..In water contamination crises, our publics' health depends on effective, targeted crisis communication...
- Family history and parents' beliefs about consequences of childhood overweight and their influence on children's health behaviorsPhyllis A Nsiah-Kumi
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of General Internal Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Acad Pediatr 9:53-9. 2009....
- Disparities in diabetic retinopathy screening and disease for racial and ethnic minority populations--a literature reviewPhyllis Nsiah-Kumi
General Internal Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 4085, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 101:430-7. 2009..Maximizing their efforts to improve diabetes-related vision care for their racial and ethnic minority patients can lead to a decrease in diabetic retinopathy disparities...
- Body mass index percentile more sensitive than acanthosis nigricans for screening Native American children for diabetes riskPhyllis A Nsiah-Kumi
Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 4085, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 102:944-9. 2010..Many Native American tribes use acanthosis nigricans to screen for type 2 diabetes risk. We hypothesized that acanthosis nigricans misses many children at risk for type 2 diabetes...
- Multicultural medicine and ensuring good health for allRubens J Pamies
University of Nebraska Medical Center, 987810 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 7810, USA
Ethn Dis 16:S3-14-20. 2006..Information from this article was presented during Plenary Session 1 of the Fifth Annual Primary Care and Prevention Conference, September 21, 2005...