Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Challenges to providing quality substance abuse treatment services for American Indian and Alaska Native communities: perspectives of staff from 18 treatment centersRupinder Legha
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado, 13001 E, 17th St, MSF546, Building 500, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
BMC Psychiatry 14:181. 2014..Understanding the challenges to providing quality substance abuse treatment to AI/AN communities could ultimately result in more effective treatment interventions, but no multi-site studies have examined this important issue...
- Dissemination and implementation of evidence-based practices for child and adolescent mental health: a systematic reviewDouglas K Novins
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Electronic address
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 52:1009-1025.e18. 2013..The purpose of this systematic review was to identify key findings from empirical studies examining the dissemination and implementation of EBPs for child and adolescent mental health...
- A framework for conducting a national study of substance abuse treatment programs serving American Indian and Alaska native communitiesDouglas K Novins
Centers for American Indian and Alaska Native Health, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 38:518-22. 2012..This is further complicated by the historic reluctance of American Indian and Alaska Native communities to participate in research...
- Walking on: celebrating the journeys of Native American adolescents with substance use problems on the winding road to healingDouglas K Novins
Centers for American Indian and Alaska Native Health, University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Psychoactive Drugs 44:153-9. 2012..Early pilot study results suggest that Walking On is feasible for use in tribal substance abuse treatment programs. While Walking On shows early promise, the intervention will require further study to examine its efficacy...
- Pathways to care: narratives of American Indian adolescents entering substance abuse treatmentDouglas K Novins
University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, 13055 East 17th Avenue, Mail Stop F800, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Soc Sci Med 74:2037-45. 2012....
- Use of the evidence base in substance abuse treatment programs for American Indians and Alaska Natives: pursuing quality in the crucible of practice and policyDouglas K Novins
Centers for American Indian and Alaska Native Health, Mail Stop F800, 13055 East 17th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80010, USA
Implement Sci 6:63. 2011....
- Reflections on a proposed theory of reservation-dwelling American Indian alcohol use: comment on Spillane and Smith (2007)Janette Beals
American Indian and Alaska Native Programs, University of Colorado, Denver, Aurora, CO 80045 USA
Psychol Bull 135:339-43; discussion 344-6. 2009..Cautionary notes are offered about the development of literature reviews, theoretical frameworks, and policy recommendations for American Indian communities...
- Alcohol Health Disparities in 2 Indian PopulationsDouglas Novins; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..