Affiliation: University of California
- The geographic spread of the CCR5 Delta32 HIV-resistance alleleJohn Novembre
Department of Integrative Biology, University of California, Berkeley, California, United States of America
PLoS Biol 3:e339. 2005..Our results describe the evolutionary history of the Delta32 allele and establish a general methodology for studying the geographic distribution of selected alleles...
- A model-based approach for analysis of spatial structure in genetic dataWen Yun Yang
Interdepartmental Program in Bioinformatics, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Nat Genet 44:725-31. 2012..These regions include SNPs in the well-characterized LCT region, as well as at loci including FOXP2, OCA2 and LRP1B...
- Ascertainment bias in spatially structured populations: a case study in the eastern fence lizardErica Bree Rosenblum
Museum of Vertebrate Zoology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
J Hered 98:331-6. 2007..Because bias correction methods performed well even when underlying assumptions were violated, our results suggest tools are currently available to analyze SNP data in structured populations...
- The evolutionary history of the CCR5-Delta32 HIV-resistance mutationAlison P Galvani
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Microbes Infect 7:302-9. 2005..We also discuss parallel evolution that has occurred at the CCR5 locus of other primate species. Finally, we highlight the promise that therapies based on interfering with the CCR5 receptor could have in the treatment of HIV...
- The Population Reference Sample, POPRES: a resource for population, disease, and pharmacological genetics researchMatthew R Nelson
GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Am J Hum Genet 83:347-58. 2008..The genotype and demographic data from this reference sample are freely available through the NCBI database of Genotypes and Phenotypes (dbGaP)...