Affiliation: University of Texas
- A confirmatory factor analysis evaluation of the coronary heart disease risk factors of metabolic syndrome with emphasis on the insulin resistance factorS Novak
Pharmacy Administration Division, College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712 0127, USA
Diabetes Obes Metab 5:388-96. 2003..The goals of this study were: (1) to analyse the underlying associations between coronary risk factors and the metabolic syndrome and (2) to evaluate the construct validity of the variables used to measure each factor...
- Trends in medical use and abuse of sustained-release opioid analgesics: a revisitSuzanne Novak
Pharmacy Administration Division, College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas 78712 0127, USA
Pain Med 5:59-65. 2004..Our objective was to evaluate the period 1997-2001 to analyze trends in medical use and medical abuse of three classes of opioid analgesics that are commonly used in sustained-release formulations: fentanyl, morphine, and oxycodone...
- Pharmacy students' learning styles before and after a problem-based learning experienceSuzanne Novak
The University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy, 78712, USA
Am J Pharm Educ 70:74. 2006..To determine learning-style scores of second-year pharmacy students before and after a problem-based learning (PBL) teaching experience and to evaluate the relationships between scores and demographic variables...
- The basis for recommending repeating epidural steroid injections for radicular low back pain: a literature reviewSuzanne Novak
College of Pharmacy, University of Texas, Austin, TX 78746, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 89:543-52. 2008....
- Implications of SARS: medical geography and surveillance in disease detectionJohn R Litaker
Pharmacy Administration Division, College of Pharmacy, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA
Ann Pharmacother 37:1841-8. 2003..g., easily transmitted, resembles the common cold)...
- Metabolic syndrome-related conditions among people with and without gout: prevalence and resource useSuzanne Novak
Pharmacy Practice, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 23:623-30. 2007....
- Re: "(Mis)use of factor analysis in the study of insulin resistance syndrome"Suzanne Novak
Am J Epidemiol 161:1184-5. 2005
- Evaluation and comparison of models of metabolic syndrome using confirmatory factor analysisSonalee Shah
College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin 78712, USA
Eur J Epidemiol 21:343-9. 2006..036. Factors exhibited good construct reliability and variance extracted estimates except for the lipids factor. We concluded that the four-factor model of metabolic syndrome was the most plausible model among the three competing models...
- Do we really want to suggest 4 transforaminal epidural steroid injections prior to surgery?Suzanne Novak
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 88:687; author reply 687-8. 2007