Yvette S Nout
Affiliation: University of California
- Severity of locomotor and cardiovascular derangements after experimental high-thoracic spinal cord injury is anesthesia dependent in ratsYvette S Nout
Brain and Spinal Injury Center, Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
J Neurotrauma 29:990-9. 2012..This supports the need for a careful evaluation of cardiovascular and other physiological measures in experimental models of SCI. Choice of anesthetic should be an important consideration in experimental designs and data analyses...
- Glial restricted precursor cell transplant with cyclic adenosine monophosphate improved some autonomic functions but resulted in a reduced graft size after spinal cord contusion injury in ratsYvette S Nout
Brain and Spinal Injury Center, Department of Neurological Surgery, 1001 Potrero Ave Bld 1 Rm 101, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Exp Neurol 227:159-71. 2011..cAMP may not always be a desirable addition to a progenitor cell transplantation strategy after SCI...
- Human induced pluripotent stem cell-derived neural crest stem cells integrate into the injured spinal cord in the fetal lamb model of myelomeningocelePayam Saadai
Division of Pediatric Surgery and Fetal Treatment Center, Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Pediatr Surg 48:158-63. 2013..We aimed to evaluate the survival, integration, and differentiation of human NCSCs derived from induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC-NCSCs) in the fetal lamb model of MMC...
- Tumor necrosis factor alpha mediates GABA(A) receptor trafficking to the plasma membrane of spinal cord neurons in vivoEllen D Stück
Brain and Spinal Injury Center BASIC, Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Neural Plast 2012:261345. 2012..TNFα-mediated GABA(A)R trafficking represents a novel target for CNS excitotoxicity...
- Extensive spontaneous plasticity of corticospinal projections after primate spinal cord injuryEphron S Rosenzweig
Department of Neurosciences, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Nat Neurosci 13:1505-10. 2010..These findings identify what may be the most extensive natural recovery of mammalian axonal projections after nervous system injury observed to date, highlighting an important role for primate models in translational disease research...
- Prenatal repair of myelomeningocele with aligned nanofibrous scaffolds-a pilot study in sheepPayam Saadai
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0570, USA
J Pediatr Surg 46:2279-83. 2011..The purpose of this pilot study was to evaluate the practicality and safety of using biodegradable NS as a regenerative device in prenatal MMC repair...
- Hypertonic saline attenuates cord swelling and edema in experimental spinal cord injury: a study utilizing magnetic resonance imagingYvette S Nout
Brain and Spinal Injury Center, Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Crit Care Med 37:2160-6. 2009..To use magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to characterize secondary injury immediately after spinal cord injury (SCI), and to show the effect of hypertonic saline on MRI indices of swelling, edema, and hemorrhage within the cord...