W B Nothnick
Affiliation: University of Kansas Medical Center
- Nothnick W. Disruption of the tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 gene results in altered reproductive cyclicity and uterine morphology in reproductive-age female mice. Biol Reprod. 2000;63:905-12 pubmed..It is concluded from this study that TIMP-1 has a multifaceted role in regulating the murine reproductive cycle, and this control appears to be at the level of both the uterus and the ovary. ..
- Nothnick W. Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) deficient mice display reduced serum progesterone levels during corpus luteum development. Endocrinology. 2003;144:5-8 pubmed..These observations suggests that expression of TIMP-1 during early luteal development may participate in regulation of progesterone production via its ability to regulate ovarian MMP activity. ..
- Nothnick W, Zhang X, Zhou H. Steroidal regulation of uterine edema and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase (TIMP)-3 messenger RNA expression is altered in TIMP-1-deficient mice. Biol Reprod. 2004;70:500-8 pubmed..These observations suggest that steroids induce uterine TIMP-1 expression and, in turn, that TIMP-1 influences TIMP-3 mRNA expression and uterine edema. ..
- Nothnick W, Healy C, Hong X. Steroidal regulation of uterine miRNAs is associated with modulation of the miRNA biogenesis components Exportin-5 and Dicer1. Endocrine. 2010;37:265-73 pubmed publisher....
- Graham A, Falcone T, Nothnick W. The expression of microRNA-451 in human endometriotic lesions is inversely related to that of macrophage migration inhibitory factor (MIF) and regulates MIF expression and modulation of epithelial cell survival. Hum Reprod. 2015;30:642-52 pubmed publisher..This study was funded by the National Institutes of Health/NICHD by grant NIH HD069043 to W.B.N. The authors have no competing interests. ..