Peggy A Norton
Affiliation: University of Utah
- Urinary incontinence in womenPeggy Norton
University of Utah School of Medicine, 50 N Medical Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Lancet 367:57-67. 2006....
- Clinical characteristics of women with familial pelvic floor disordersPeggy A Norton
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Room 2B200, UUMC, 50 N Medical Drive, Salt Lake City, UT, 84132, USA
Int Urogynecol J 26:401-6. 2015..The objective of this study was to describe clinical characteristics observed in familial cases with PFDs and compare them with strictly defined controls...
- Pelvic organ prolapse in a cohort of women treated for stress urinary incontinencePeggy Norton
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT Electronic address
Am J Obstet Gynecol 211:550.e1-5. 2014..The aim of our study was to observe pelvic organ prolapse (POP) over time, treated and untreated, in a group of highly characterized women being followed up subjectively and objectively over 5-7 years following continence surgery...
- The familiality of pelvic organ prolapse in the Utah Population DatabasePeggy A Norton
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Int Urogynecol J 24:413-8. 2013..Pelvic organ prolapse (POP) in women is a common condition whose etiology is poorly understood. There is increasing evidence that POP is heritable. The aim of our study was to define and evaluate familial clustering of POP...
- Genetics and the lower urinary tractPeggy Norton
University of Utah, School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Neurourol Urodyn 29:609-11. 2010..These findings have exciting implications for future prevention and treatment of UI...
- Adverse events over two years after retropubic or transobturator midurethral sling surgery: findings from the Trial of Midurethral Slings (TOMUS) studyLinda Brubaker
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 205:498.e1-6. 2011..To describe surgical complications in 597 women over a 24-month period after randomization to retropubic or transobturator midurethral slings...
- The cost of preoperative urodynamics: A secondary analysis of the ValUE trialPeggy A Norton
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah
Neurourol Urodyn 35:81-4. 2016..This analysis aimed to calculate the cost incurred when UDS was performed as a supplement to a basic office evaluation and to extrapolate the potential savings of not doing UDS in this patient population on a national basis...
- Retropubic versus transobturator midurethral slings for stress incontinenceHolly E Richter
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1700 6th Ave South, Suite 10382, Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
N Engl J Med 362:2066-76. 2010..Midurethral slings are increasingly used for the treatment of stress incontinence, but there are limited data comparing types of slings and associated complications...
- Evidence for pelvic organ prolapse predisposition genes on chromosomes 10 and 17Kristina Allen-Brady
Division of Genetic Epidemiology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT Electronic address
Am J Obstet Gynecol 212:771.e1-7. 2015..We conducted a genomewide linkage analysis to identify pelvic organ prolapse (POP) predisposition genes using a resource of high-risk POP pedigrees...
- Significant linkage evidence for a predisposition gene for pelvic floor disorders on chromosome 9q21Kristina Allen-Brady
Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84105, USA
Am J Hum Genet 84:678-82. 2009..41 under a recessive model. Seventeen pedigrees (53%) had at least nominal evidence for linkage on a by-pedigree basis at this region. These results provide evidence for a predisposition gene for PFDs on chromosome 9q...
- Identification of six loci associated with pelvic organ prolapse using genome-wide association analysisKristina Allen-Brady
Department of Medicine and Obstetrics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Obstet Gynecol 118:1345-53. 2011..There is evidence that both environmental and genetic factors contribute to pelvic organ prolapse. We conducted a genome-wide association study to investigate whether common genetic variants modify the risk of pelvic organ prolapse...
- Risk of associated conditions in relatives of subjects with interstitial cystitisKristina Allen-Brady
From the Departments of Internal Medicine, and Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Utah and George E Wahlen Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Salt Lake City, UT
Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg 21:93-8. 2015....
- Long-term results of abdominal sacrocolpopexyWesley S Hilger
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, LDS Hospital, University of Utah Medical Center, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 189:1606-10; discussion 1610-1. 2003..Our purpose was to determine the long-term results after abdominal sacrocolpopexy...
- Phenotyping clinical disorders: lessons learned from pelvic organ prolapseJennifer M Wu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Urogynecology, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 208:360-5. 2013....
- Duloxetine versus placebo in the treatment of stress urinary incontinencePeggy A Norton
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 187:40-8. 2002..The purpose of this study was to assess the efficacy and safety of duloxetine, a selective inhibitor of serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake, in the treatment of stress urinary incontinence...
- Two-year outcomes after surgery for stress urinary incontinence in older compared with younger womenHolly E Richter
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Obstet Gynecol 112:621-9. 2008..To estimate whether perioperative and postoperative outcomes after Burch colposuspension or pubovaginal sling for stress urinary incontinence (SUI) differed with age...
- Duloxetine versus placebo for the treatment of North American women with stress urinary incontinenceRoger R Dmochowski
Department of Urologic Surgery, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
J Urol 170:1259-63. 2003..In this first phase 3 study we assessed the efficacy and safety of duloxetine in women with stress urinary incontinence (SUI)...
- Mixed urinary incontinence symptoms: urodynamic findings, incontinence severity, and treatment responseRichard C Bump
Lilly Research Laboratories, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Obstet Gynecol 102:76-83. 2003..To investigate the relationship between the symptom of mixed urinary incontinence and incontinence severity, urodynamic findings, and treatment response...
- Genetic Determinants of Pelvic Floor DisordersPeggy Norton; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our application shows that the University of Utah Health Sciences Center combines a unique patient population with experienced clinicians, geneticists, and genetic epidemiologists necessary to this project. ..