Holly S Norman
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Decreased cardiac functional reserve in heart failure with preserved systolic functionHolly S Norman
Department of Physiology, Universityof Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, 601 Science Drive, Madison, WI 53711, USA
J Card Fail 17:301-8. 2011..We hypothesized that recruitable contractility is impaired in HFpEF, accounting for the appearance of symptoms with exertion...
- Mutation that dramatically alters rat titin isoform expression and cardiomyocyte passive tensionMarion L Greaser
Muscle Biology Laboratory, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1805 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 44:983-91. 2008..This novel rat model should be useful for exploring the potential role of titin in the Frank-Starling relationship and mechano-sensing/signaling mechanisms...
- Transmural variation in myosin heavy chain isoform expression modulates the timing of myocardial force generation in porcine left ventricleJulian E Stelzer
Department of Physiology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, 601 Science Drive, Madison, WI 53711, USA
J Physiol 586:5203-14. 2008....
- Determination of rate constants for turnover of myosin isoforms in rat myocardium: implications for in vivo contractile kineticsMatthew R Locher
Department of Physiology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53711, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 297:H247-56. 2009..These results suggest that low-level expression of alpha-MHC has significant effects on contraction kinetics...
- Effects of low-level α-myosin heavy chain expression on contractile kinetics in porcine myocardiumMatthew R Locher
1Department of Physiology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin 53711, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 300:H869-78. 2011..These results suggest that low-level expression of α-MHC significantly accelerates myocardial twitch kinetics, thereby enhancing systolic function in large mammalian myocardium...