Affiliation: University of Kansas Medical Center
- Norkina O, Burnett T, De Lisle R. Bacterial overgrowth in the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator null mouse small intestine. Infect Immun. 2004;72:6040-9 pubmed..These data suggest that bacterial overgrowth in the CF mouse small intestine has a role in inflammation and contributes to the failure to thrive in this mouse model of CF. ..
- De Lisle R, Norkina O, Roach E, Ziemer D. Expression of pro-Muclin in pancreatic AR42J cells induces functional regulated secretory granules. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2005;289:C1169-78 pubmed..Overall, the data show that pro-Muclin acts as a sorting receptor that can induce RSG, and that its cytosolic tail is important in this process. ..
- De Lisle R, Xu W, Roe B, Ziemer D. Effects of Muclin (Dmbt1) deficiency on the gastrointestinal system. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2008;294:G717-27 pubmed publisher..Thus Muclin deficiency impairs trafficking of regulated proteins to a stimulus-releasable pool in the exocrine pancreas. ..
- De Lisle R, Meldi L, Roach E, Flynn M, Sewell R. Mast cells and gastrointestinal dysmotility in the cystic fibrosis mouse. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4283 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that mast cells are not involved in gastrointestinal dysmotility but their activation can stimulate small intestinal transit in cystic fibrosis. ..
- De Lisle R, Isom K, Ziemer D, Cotton C. Changes in the exocrine pancreas secondary to altered small intestinal function in the CF mouse. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2001;281:G899-906 pubmed
- De Lisle R, Sewell R, Meldi L. Enteric circular muscle dysfunction in the cystic fibrosis mouse small intestine. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2010;22:341-e87 pubmed publisher..CONCLUSIONS & INFERENCES These results suggest that the enteric microbiota modulates PGE(2) levels in a complex manner, which affects enteric smooth muscle activity and contributes to slower small intestinal transit in CF...