- Long-term gait deviations in anterior cruciate ligament-reconstructed females
Division of Physical Therapy, College of Health Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0200, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 45:1340-7. 2013
- Prospective evidence for a hip etiology in patellofemoral pain
Division of Physical Therapy, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0200, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 45:1120-4. 2013
..It was hypothesized that runners who go on to develop PFP would exhibit greater hip adduction, hip internal rotation, and greater rear foot eversion...
- Radiographic parameters associated with lateral patella degeneration in young patients
Division of Physical Therapy, University of Kentucky, Wethington Bldg rm 204D, 900 S Limestone, Lexington, KY 40536 0200, USA
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 20:2385-90. 2012
..The purpose of this paper was to determine whether there are significant differences in radiographic alignment between those with and without isolated lateral patellofemoral degeneration...
- The effect of pain on hip and knee kinematics during running in females with chronic patellofemoral pain
Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, College of Health Science, University of Kentucky, United States
Gait Posture 36:596-9. 2012
..Therefore, the purpose of this study was to determine if the development of pain while running resulted in altered hip and knee kinematics in female runners with PFP as compared to healthy female runners...
- Proximal and distal kinematics in female runners with patellofemoral pain
Division of Physical Therapy, University of Kentucky, KY 40536 0200, USA
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 27:366-71. 2012
..Therefore the aim of this study was to determine if significant differences during running exist in hip, trunk and foot kinematics between females with and without patellofemoral pain...
- Improving between-day kinematic reliability using a marker placement device
Division of Physical Therapy, University of Kentucky, Wethington Building, Room 204D, 900 South Limestone, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0200, USA
J Orthop Res 28:1405-10. 2010
..Additionally, the largest reduction in SEM values was in the transverse plane. Use of the MPD increases the power to detect smaller differences in studies of where gait is assessed over time...
- Coupling angle variability in healthy and patellofemoral pain runners
Tommy J Cunningham
CCB Research Group, Lexington, KY, USA Department of Kinesiology and Health Promotion, University of Kentucky, KY, USA Adjunct Faculty, College of Health Sciences, University of Kentucky, KY, USA Electronic address
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 29:317-22. 2014
..The aim was to determine if vector coding's coupling angle variability, as a measure of joint coordination variability, was less for runners with patellofemoral pain than healthy controls as is commonly postulated...
- The measurement of in vivo joint angles during a squat using a single camera markerless motion capture system as compared to a marker based system
Division of Physical Therapy, University of Kentucky, United States
Gait Posture 41:694-8. 2015
..55). These results suggest the data from the Kinect can be post processed in way that it may be a feasible markerless motion capture system that can be used in the clinic. ..