Seth M Noar
Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- Using digital surveillance to examine the impact of public figure pancreatic cancer announcements on media and search query outcomesSeth M Noar
School of Journalism and Mass Communication, 363 Carroll Hall CB 3365, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 3365
J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr 2013:188-94. 2013..This study used digital surveillance to quantify the effects of pancreatic cancer public figure announcements on online cancer information seeking and cancer media coverage...
- Sexual partnerships, risk behaviors, and condom use among low-income heterosexual African Americans: a qualitative studySeth M Noar
School of Journalism and Mass Communication, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 3365, USA
Arch Sex Behav 41:959-70. 2012..Gender differences emerged in many of these areas. Implications of these findings are discussed and directions for future research on sexual partnerships and risk behavior are offered...
- eHealth interventions for HIV preventionSeth M Noar
School of Journalism and Mass Communication, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
AIDS Care 24:945-52. 2012..Implications for future research in the eHealth HIV prevention field are discussed...
- Incarceration and unstable housing interact to predict sexual risk behaviours among African American STD clinic patientsLaura Widman
Department of Psychology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Int J STD AIDS 25:348-54. 2014..Implications for structural-level interventions are discussed...
- Development and implementation of mass media campaigns to delay sexual initiation among African American and White youthSeth M Noar
a School of Journalism and Mass Communication and Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
J Health Commun 19:152-69. 2014..Health communication campaigns hold much promise in reaching at-risk adolescent populations with targeted, timely, and relevant risk-reduction messages. ..
- When do condom use intentions lead to actions? Examining the role of sexual communication on safer sexual behavior among people living with HIVLaura Widman
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Health Psychol 18:507-17. 2013..Among individuals low in communication, intentions were not associated with unprotected sex. Implications for interventions are discussed...