Affiliation: University of California
- Integrin-mediated transforming growth factor-beta activation, a potential therapeutic target in fibrogenic disordersStephen L Nishimura
Department of Anatomic Pathology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Am J Pathol 175:1362-70. 2009..Amplification of integrin-mediated TGF-beta activation in fibrotic disorders and data from preclinical models suggest that integrins may therefore represent novel targets for antifibrotic therapies...
- Sarcoidosis following HIV infection: evidence for CD4+ lymphocyte dependenceDavid G Morris
Interstitial Lung Disease Program, Department of Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94142 0854, USA
Chest 124:929-35. 2003..The chronic granulomatous inflammation of sarcoidosis has been hypothesized to depend on the CD4+ T-helper lymphocyte. HIV infection, which depletes these cells, has been reported to attenuate the manifestations of sarcoidosis...
- The integrin alpha(v)beta8 mediates epithelial homeostasis through MT1-MMP-dependent activation of TGF-beta1Dezhi Mu
Department of Pathology, University of California at San Francisco Mt Zion Cancer Center, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Cell Biol 157:493-507. 2002..These data elucidate a novel mechanism of cellular homeostasis achieved through the coordination of the activities of members of three major gene families involved in cell-matrix interactions...
- Reduced expression of integrin alphavbeta8 is associated with brain arteriovenous malformation pathogenesisHua Su
Center of Cerebrovascular Research, Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Am J Pathol 176:1018-27. 2010..These three lines of evidence from human studies and a mouse model suggest that reduced expression of integrin beta8 may be involved in the pathogenesis of sporadic BAVMs...
- Squamous metaplasia amplifies pathologic epithelial-mesenchymal interactions in COPD patientsJun Araya
Department of Pathology, Lung Biology Center, UCSF, San Francisco, California 94110, USA
J Clin Invest 117:3551-62. 2007..Our findings have identified TGF-beta as a potential therapeutic target for COPD...
- Integrin-mediated transforming growth factor-beta activation regulates homeostasis of the pulmonary epithelial-mesenchymal trophic unitJun Araya
Department of Pathology, Bldg 3, Rm 207, 1001 Potrero Ave, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Am J Pathol 169:405-15. 2006..These findings elucidate the function and complex regulation of integrin-mediated activation of TGF-beta within the EMTU...
- Activation of transforming growth factor-beta by the integrin alphavbeta8 delays epithelial wound closureClaus Neurohr
Department of Medicine, Lung Biology Center, University of California, San Francisco, 94143 2922, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 35:252-9. 2006..Wounding induced activation of TGF-beta through effects of both integrins, but antibodies against alphavbeta8 enhanced the degree of wound closure, whereas antibodies against alphavbeta6 did not...
- Integrin alpha(v)beta8-mediated activation of transforming growth factor-beta by perivascular astrocytes: an angiogenic control switchStephanie Cambier
Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Am J Pathol 166:1883-94. 2005....
- Integrin alphavbeta8-mediated activation of transforming growth factor-beta inhibits human airway epithelial proliferation in intact bronchial tissueLars Fjellbirkeland
Department of Anatomic Pathology and Lung Biology Center, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California at San Francisco Mt Zion Cancer Center, San Francisco, California 94110, USA
Am J Pathol 163:533-42. 2003..These data provide compelling evidence for a functional role for integrin-mediated activation of TGF-beta in control of human airway epithelial proliferation in vivo...
- Transcription of the transforming growth factor beta activating integrin beta8 subunit is regulated by SP3, AP-1, and the p38 pathwayJennifer A Markovics
Department of Pathology, Pulmonary Division, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94110, USA
J Biol Chem 285:24695-706. 2010..These results place integrin beta8 expression and activity under the control of ubiquitous transcription factors in a stress-activated and pro-inflammatory pathway...