Andrea N Niles
Affiliation: University of California
- Affect labeling enhances exposure effectiveness for public speaking anxietyAndrea N Niles
University of California, Los Angeles, 1285 Franz Hall, Box 951563, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA Electronic address
Behav Res Ther 68:27-36. 2015....
- Attentional bias and emotional reactivity as predictors and moderators of behavioral treatment for social phobiaAndrea N Niles
University of California, 1285 Franz Hall, Box 951563, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, United States Electronic address
Behav Res Ther 51:669-79. 2013..Negative emotional reactivity, but not positive emotional reactivity, was a significant overall predictor with patients high in negative emotional reactivity showing the greatest self-reported symptom reduction...
- Dimensional indicators of generalized anxiety disorder severity for DSM-VAndrea N Niles
University of California, Los Angeles, 1285 Franz Hall, Box 951563, Los Angeles, CA 90095, United States
J Anxiety Disord 26:279-86. 2012..Findings suggest that these two indicators capture worry severity, and percent of the day worried may be the most reliable existing indicator. These measures may be useful as dimensional measures for DSM-V...
- Anxiety and depressive symptoms and medical illness among adults with anxiety disordersAndrea N Niles
University of California, Los Angeles, Department of Psychology, United States
J Psychosom Res 78:109-15. 2015..Anxiety is linked to a number of medical conditions, yet few studies have examined how symptom severity relates to medical comorbidity...
- Writing content predicts benefit from written expressive disclosure: Evidence for repeated exposure and self-affirmationAndrea N Niles
a Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Cogn Emot 30:258-74. 2016..Findings highlight the importance of self-affirmation and exposure as predictors of benefit from expressive writing. ..
- Ethnicity moderates the outcomes of self-enhancement and self-improvement themes in expressive writingWilliam Tsai
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles
Cultur Divers Ethnic Minor Psychol 21:584-92. 2015..Findings provide evidence suggesting culturally distinct mechanisms for the effects of expressive disclosure. (PsycINFO Database Record ..
- Cognitive mediators of treatment for social anxiety disorder: comparing acceptance and commitment therapy and cognitive-behavioral therapyAndrea N Niles
University of California, Los Angeles
Behav Ther 45:664-77. 2014..To assess the relationship between session-by-session mediators and treatment outcomes in traditional cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) for social anxiety disorder...
- A comparison of the nature and correlates of panic attacks in the context of Panic Disorder and Social Anxiety DisorderLily A Brown
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Psychiatry Res 235:69-76. 2016..This study compares panic attacks in the context of Panic Disorder compared to social anxiety in terms of their symptom frequency, severity, and clinical correlates...
- Physiological and behavioral indices of emotion dysregulation as predictors of outcome from cognitive behavioral therapy and acceptance and commitment therapy for anxietyCarolyn D Davies
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA Electronic address
J Behav Ther Exp Psychiatry 46:35-43. 2015....
- Randomized controlled trial of expressive writing for psychological and physical health: the moderating role of emotional expressivityAndrea N Niles
Psychology Department, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Anxiety Stress Coping 27:1-17. 2014..These findings also suggest that expressive writing about a stressful event may be contraindicated for individuals who do not typically express emotions. ..
- Anxiety treatment improves physical functioning with oblique scoring of the SF-12 short form health surveyAndrea N Niles
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 35:291-6. 2013..Replication was tested in reanalysis of data from the earlier Collaborative Care for Anxiety and Panic (CCAP) randomized clinical trial for the treatment of panic disorder...