Affiliation: University of Arizona
- Intermittent social defeat stress enhances mesocorticolimbic ΔFosB/BDNF co-expression and persistently activates corticotegmental neurons: implication for vulnerability to psychostimulantsE M Nikulina
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Neuroscience 212:38-48. 2012..Increased ΔFosB/BDNF co-expression and persistent functional activation of corticolimbic neurons after stress may contribute to mechanisms underlying cross-sensitization to psychostimulants...
- Long-lasting alteration in mesocorticolimbic structures after repeated social defeat stress in rats: time course of mu-opioid receptor mRNA and FosB/DeltaFosB immunoreactivityElla M Nikulina
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Arizona, College of Medicine Phoenix, 425 N Fifth Street, ABC 1, Phoenix, AZ 85004 2157, USA
Eur J Neurosci 27:2272-84. 2008....
- Brief social defeat stress: long lasting effects on cocaine taking during a binge and zif268 mRNA expression in the amygdala and prefrontal cortexHerbert E Covington
Department of Psychology, Tufts University, Medford, MA 02155, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 30:310-21. 2005..Divergent changes in zif268 within the amygdala and cortex 2 months after social defeat stress indicate the vulnerability of distinct cellular populations in networks that modulate the behavioral actions of psychomotor stimulants...
- Differential expression of neuronal fos protein after cold water drowning and controlled rewarmingDavida A Robinson
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Am Coll Surg 198:404-9. 2004..Measurement of Fos, the protein product of the immediate-early gene c-fos, is a marker of cerebral injury...
- Aggression and defeat: persistent effects on cocaine self-administration and gene expression in peptidergic and aminergic mesocorticolimbic circuitsKlaus A Miczek
Department of Psychology, Tufts University, Bacon Hall, 530 Boston Avenue, Medford, MA 02155, USA
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 27:787-802. 2004..Social stress alters the feedback from prefrontal cortex and thereby may contribute to the dysregulation of dopaminergic activity that is necessary for cocaine self-administration...
- Prolonged effects of repeated social defeat stress on mRNA expression and function of mu-opioid receptors in the ventral tegmental area of ratsElla M Nikulina
Department of Psychiatry, Tufts University, Boston, MA, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 30:1096-103. 2005..This locomotor effect is probably the consequence of enhanced disinhibition of mesolimbic dopamine neurons...