Emily J Nicklett
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Diabetes-related support, regimen adherence, and health decline among older adultsEmily J Nicklett
Department of Health Management and Policy, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, 109 South Observatory Street, SPH 2, Ann Arbor, MI 49109 2029, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 65:390-9. 2010....
- Racial/Ethnic predictors of falls among older adults: the health and retirement studyEmily J Nicklett
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
J Aging Health 26:1060-75. 2014..The objective of this study was to examine racial/ethnic differences in the probability and frequency of falls among adults aged 65 and older...
- Direct social support and long-term health among middle-aged and older adults with type 2 diabetes mellitusEmily J Nicklett
Correspondence should be addressed to Emily J Nicklett, MSW, School of Social Work, University of Michigan, 1080 S University Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 E mail
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 68:933-43. 2013..This study examined whether or not direct social support is associated with long-term health among middle-aged and older adults with diabetes mellitus...
- Fruit and vegetable intake among older adults: a scoping reviewEmily J Nicklett
University of Michigan, School of Social Work, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Maturitas 75:305-12. 2013..This review addresses specific barriers faced by older adults in obtaining and consuming fruits and vegetables in community settings. Recommendations for practice and policy are discussed. ..
- Fruit and vegetable intake, physical activity, and mortality in older community-dwelling womenEmily J Nicklett
School of Social Work, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 60:862-8. 2012..To examine the relationship between fruit and vegetable intake, physical activity, and all-cause mortality in older women...
- Diet quality and social support: factors associated with serum carotenoid concentrations among older disabled women (the Women's Health and Aging Study)E J Nicklett
Johns Hopkins University, Center on Aging and Health, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
J Nutr Health Aging 16:511-8. 2012..This study investigated the relationship between social support (including instrumental support, emotional support, social interaction, social space, and family networks) and diet quality, as indicated by serum carotenoid levels...
- Socioeconomic status and race/ethnicity independently predict health decline among older diabeticsEmily J Nicklett
School of Social Work, University of Michigan, 1080 South University Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1106, USA
BMC Public Health 11:684. 2011..This study examines whether or not race/ethnicity and SES are independent predictors of steeper rates of decline in self-rated health among older adults in the U.S. with type 2 diabetes...
- Downward social mobility and major depressive episodes among Latino and Asian-American immigrants to the United StatesEmily J Nicklett
Department of Health Management and Policy, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 2029, USA
Am J Epidemiol 170:793-801. 2009..Policies or interventions focused only on immigrants of low social status may miss another group at risk: those who experience downward mobility from a higher social status...
- Neighborhood socioeconomic status is associated with serum carotenoid concentrations in older, community-dwelling womenEmily J Nicklett
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Nutr 141:284-9. 2011..Older, community-dwelling women from neighborhoods with lower SES have lower serum carotenoid concentrations, which reflect a lower consumption of carotenoid-rich fresh fruits and vegetables...
- Does accumulation of advanced glycation end products contribute to the aging phenotype?Richard D Semba
Department of Ophthalmology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Smith Building, M015, 400 North Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 65:963-75. 2010....
- Fat mass is inversely associated with serum carboxymethyl-lysine, an advanced glycation end product, in adultsRichard D Semba
Department of Ophthalmology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Nutr 141:1726-30. 2011..These findings suggest that serum CML concentration is strongly affected by body fat, possibly because CML is preferentially deposited in fat tissue or because adipocytes affect the metabolism of AGE...
- Eating disorder symptoms among college students: prevalence, persistence, correlates, and treatment-seekingDaniel Eisenberg
Department of Health Management and Policy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 2029, USA
J Am Coll Health 59:700-7. 2011..To examine the prevalence, correlates, persistence, and treatment-seeking related to symptoms of eating disorders (EDs) in a random sample of college students...
- Social support from church and family members and depressive symptoms among older African AmericansLinda M Chatters
School of Social Work, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI Institute for Social Research, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI Program for Research on Black Americans, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI Electronic address
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 23:559-67. 2015..This study examined the influence of church- and family-based social support on depressive symptoms and serious psychological distress among older African Americans...