Mike M Nguyen
Affiliation: University of Arizona
- Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of polyphenon E in prostate cancer patients before prostatectomy: evaluation of potential chemopreventive activitiesMike M Nguyen
Division of Urology, College of Medicine, The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 5:290-8. 2012....
- Coded tumor size may be unreliable for small metastatic renal cancers in the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results datasetMike M Nguyen
Section of Urology, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, Arizona 85724 5077, USA
Urology 75:266-70. 2010..8 cm) metastatic renal cancers was often incorrectly coded into the dataset from the measurement as listed in the patient's chart...
- Internet search trends analysis tools can provide real-time data on kidney stone disease in the United StatesScott D Willard
Division of Urology, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
Urology 81:37-42. 2013..Internet search trends data represent a unique resource for monitoring population self-reported illness and health information-seeking behavior...
- Factors influencing fluid intake behavior among kidney stone formersLipika R McCauley
Division of Urology, University of Arizona and Urological Associates of Southern Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
J Urol 187:1282-6. 2012..We determined factors influencing the behavior of patients with kidney stones in the prevention of recurrent stones...
- Feasibility of optical coherence tomography imaging to characterize renal neoplasms: limitations in resolution and depth of penetrationJennifer A Linehan
Division of Urology, University of Arizona, Tucson, USA
BJU Int 108:1820-4. 2011..The study shows that higher resolution versions of OCT, such as OCM, will be needed to allow optical coherence imaging to reach clinical utility in the assessment of renal neoplasms...
- Effect of renal cancer size on the prevalence of metastasis at diagnosis and mortalityMike M Nguyen
Section of Urology, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, Arizona, USA
J Urol 181:1020-7; discussion 1027. 2009..We determined the relationship between the prevalence of metastasis at presentation and cancer specific mortality with tumor size in renal cancer cases using a large cancer database...
- Sequential compression devices in postoperative urologic patients: an observational trial and survey study on the influence of patient and hospital factors on complianceDavid F Ritsema
Division of Urology, The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
BMC Urol 13:20. 2013..Sequential compression devices (SCDs) are commonly used for thromboprophylaxis in postoperative patients but compliance is often poor. We investigated causes for noncompliance, examining both hospital and patient related factors...
- Reviewing radiographic images with patients: results of a trial on patient preferences, understanding, and satisfactionFaiz S Nasser
Section of Urology, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, Arizona, USA
J Endourol 24:2083-91. 2010..To evaluate patient preferences, understanding, and satisfaction regarding visual review of radiographic images during counseling...
- Gender and renal cancer: do variations in clinical presentation and imaging patterns explain observed differences between males and females?Lipika R McCauley
Division of Urology, Health Sciences Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, USA
Urology 76:536-40. 2010....
- Kidney cancer: the new landscapeJennifer A Linehan
Section of Urology, Arizona Health Sciences Center, The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
Curr Opin Urol 19:133-7. 2009..We review the changes in renal cancer presentation and our understanding of its clinical behavior that have driven this shift in treatment philosophy...