HUONG Q contact NGUYEN
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Randomized controlled trial of an internet-based versus face-to-face dyspnea self-management program for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: pilot studyHuong Q Nguyen
Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, University of Washington, Box 357266, Seattle, WA 98199, USA
J Med Internet Res 10:e9. 2008....
- Impact of a managed-Medicare physical activity benefit on health care utilization and costs in older adults with diabetesHuong Q Nguyen
Department of Behavioral Nursing and Health Systems, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98199, USA
Diabetes Care 30:43-8. 2007..The purpose of this article was to determine the effects of a managed-Medicare physical activity benefit on health care utilization and costs among older adults with diabetes...
- Associations between symptoms, functioning, and perceptions of mastery with global self-rated health in patients with COPD: a cross-sectional studyHuong Q Nguyen
University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, 1959 NE Pacific St, HSB T602A, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Int J Nurs Stud 45:1355-65. 2008..However, there is limited knowledge on what factors contribute to the global perception of self-rated health in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
- Use of accelerometers to characterize physical activity patterns with COPD exacerbationsHuong Q Nguyen
University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98199, USA
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 1:455-60. 2006..To determine the feasibility of using an accelerometer to characterize physical activity patterns (PA) surrounding chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) exacerbations (AECOPD) in patients with COPD for 16 weeks...
- Managed-Medicare health club benefit and reduced health care costs among older adultsHuong Q Nguyen
Department of Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, School of Nursing, University of Washington, HSB T602A, Box 357266, Seattle, WA 98199, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 5:A14. 2008..Our study was undertaken to determine the association between use of a health plan-sponsored health club benefit by older adults and total health care costs over 2 years...
- Dyspnea self-management in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: moderating effects of depressed moodHuong Q Nguyen
Department of Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, University of Washington School of Nursing, Box 357266, Seattle, WA 98155, USA
Psychosomatics 46:402-10. 2005..Patients with COPD at high risk for depression are likely to achieve greater relief of dyspnea with self-management programs that include more intensive supervised exercise...
- Supporting cardiac recovery through eHealth technologyHuong Q Nguyen
Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
J Cardiovasc Nurs 19:200-8. 2004..However, evidence that supports use of this new communication channel is likely to emerge as more programs are developed and rigorously evaluated...
- Health care use and costs associated with use of a health club membership benefit in older adults with diabetesHuong Q Nguyen
Department of Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Diabetes Care 31:1562-7. 2008..The purpose of this study was to determine whether elective use of a health plan-sponsored health club membership had an impact on health care use and costs among older adults with diabetes...
- Depression and use of a health plan-sponsored physical activity program by older adultsHuong Q Nguyen
Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Am J Prev Med 35:111-7. 2008..There are no published studies on how depression influences participation in health plan-sponsored physical activity programs and how participation affects depression risk in older adults in nonresearch settings...
- Methodological considerations in evaluating eHealth interventionsHuong Q Nguyen
School of Nursing, University of Washington, Seattle 98199, USA
Can J Nurs Res 39:116-34. 2007..Other outcomes, such as the costs associated with new eHealth applications, are equally if not more important for decision-makers. This discussion is intended to inform future trials and thereby serve to advance the science of eHealth...
- Exercise training improves outcomes of a dyspnea self-management programMichael S Stulbarg
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0111, USA
J Cardiopulm Rehabil 22:109-21. 2002....
- Impact of brief or extended exercise training on the benefit of a dyspnea self-management program in COPDVirginia Carrieri-Kohlman
Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, 94143 0610, USA
J Cardiopulm Rehabil 25:275-84. 2005....
- Is Internet-based support for dyspnea self-management in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease possible? Results of a pilot studyHuong Q Nguyen
Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 7266, USA
Heart Lung 34:51-62. 2005..A related aim was to compare the differential effects of the iDSMP on 2 different groups: (1) to test a "booster" effect and (2) to evaluate the program as a primary intervention...
- Internet-based patient education and support interventions: a review of evaluation studies and directions for future researchHuong Q Nguyen
3301 S Bear Street No 57B, Santa Ana, CA 92704, USA
Comput Biol Med 34:95-112. 2004..Given the increasing need to provide timely and effective patient-centered care, a stronger evidence base for eHealth applications must be established before broader deployment of such programs will take place...
- Healthcare cost differences with participation in a community-based group physical activity benefit for medicare managed care health plan membersRonald T Ackermann
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 56:1459-65. 2008..To determine whether participation in a physical activity benefit by Medicare managed care enrollees is associated with lower healthcare utilization and costs...
- Measles outbreak in the Republic of the Marshall Islands, 2003Terri B Hyde
Viral Vaccine Preventable Diseases Branch, National Immunization Program, NIP, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, CDC, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Int J Epidemiol 35:299-306. 2006..Reported 1-dose measles vaccine coverage among children aged 12-23 months varied widely (52-94%) between 1990 and 2000...
- Factor analysis of laboratory and clinical measurements of dyspnea in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseHuong Q Nguyen
Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 25:118-27. 2003..We conclude that pulmonary function, clinical ratings of dyspnea, and laboratory ratings of dyspnea are three separate and independent factors and should be included in the routine clinical evaluation of patients with COPD...
- Depression and functional outcomes in COPD: Impact of genetics and inflammationHUONG Q contact NGUYEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding these relationships will in inform the development of more tailored medical and behavioral interventions to improve depression and functional outcomes in patients with COPD. ..