Danh V Nguyen
Affiliation: University of California
- Tumor classification by partial least squares using microarray gene expression dataDanh V Nguyen
Center for Image Processing and Integrated Computing, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Bioinformatics 18:39-50. 2002..Modification of existing statistical methodologies or development of new methodologies is needed for the analysis of microarray data...
- National perioperative outcomes of pulmonary lobectomy for cancer in the obese patient: a propensity score matched analysisHunter Launer
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of California, Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 145:1312-8. 2013..We sought to compare hospital outcomes of obese patients with those of nonobese patients undergoing pulmonary lobectomy for cancer...
- Size of Stage IIIA primary lung cancers and survival: a surveillance, epidemiology and end results database analysisSteven Maximus
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Public Heath Sciences, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, California, USA
Am Surg 78:1232-7. 2012..Increasing size of tumor is an independent negative risk factor for survival in patients undergoing lobectomy for N2 positive Stage IIIA NSCLC...
- Partial least squares dimension reduction for microarray gene expression data with a censored responseDanh V Nguyen
Division of Biostatistics, Public Health Sciences, School of Medicine, University of California, One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616 8638, USA
Math Biosci 193:119-37. 2005..Additionally, we examine the effect of censoring on dimension reduction stage. The performance of all methods deteriorates for a high censoring rate, although PLS-PH performed relatively best overall...
- Does ketogenic diet alter seizure sensitivity and cell loss following fluid percussion injury?Philip A Schwartzkroin
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, Davis, Davis, CA 95616, United States
Epilepsy Res 92:74-84. 2010....
- Dementia in fragile X-associated tremor/ataxia syndrome (FXTAS): comparison with Alzheimer's diseaseAndreea L Seritan
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California Davis, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 147:1138-44. 2008..Further research is needed to outline the neuropsychiatric profile in FXTAS and the correlation of genetic markers with the progression and severity of cognitive loss...
- Comparison of Hospitalization Rates among For-Profit and Nonprofit Dialysis FacilitiesLorien S Dalrymple
Departments of Medicine, Public Health Sciences, and, Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine, University of California, Davis, California, San Francisco Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Francisco, California, Departments of Medicine and, Epidemiology, and Biostatistics, University of California, San Francisco, California, United States Renal Data System Special Studies Center, Stanford, California, Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, California, Department of Medicine, University of California Irvine, California
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 9:73-81. 2014..This study examined whether dialysis facility profit status was associated with the rate of hospitalization in patients starting dialysis...
- Naive hypothesis testing for case series analysis with time-varying exposure onset measurement error: inference for infection-cardiovascular risk in patients on dialysisSandra M Mohammed
Division of Biostatistics, Department of Public Health Sciences, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Biometrics 69:520-9. 2013..However, tests of individual risk period parameters are not generally valid. Practical guidelines are provided and illustrated with data from patients on dialysis...
- Modeling time-varying effects with generalized and unsynchronized longitudinal dataDamla Senturk
Department of Biostatistics, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Stat Med 32:2971-87. 2013..We derive subject-specific mean response trajectory predictions and study finite sample properties of the estimators...
- Design considerations for case series models with exposure onset measurement errorSandra M Mohammed
Division of Biostatistics, Department of Public Health Sciences, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, U S A
Stat Med 32:772-86. 2013..To facilitate the design of case series studies, we provide publicly available web-based tools for determining power/sample size for both the measurement error case series model as well as the standard case series model...
- Immune-mediated disorders among women carriers of fragile X premutation allelesTri Indah Winarni
Medical Investigation of Neurodevelopmental Disorders Institute, University of California, Davis, Health System, Sacramento, USA
Am J Med Genet A 158:2473-81. 2012..4 times higher when compared to carriers without FXPOI (95% CI 1.1-5.0; P = 0.021). The likelihood of IMD in carriers with or without FXPOI is greater (OR 2.4, 95% CI 1.1-5.0; P = 0.021) compared to that of controls...
- Lifetime prevalence of mood and anxiety disorders in fragile X premutation carriersJames A Bourgeois
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California, Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 72:175-82. 2011..The authors studied the lifetime prevalence of DSM-IV-TR psychiatric disorders in a population of adults with the fragile X premutation...
- Survival comparison of adenosquamous, squamous cell, and adenocarcinoma of the lung after lobectomyDavid T Cooke
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of California, Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 90:943-8. 2010..We examined a national database to see if ASC exhibited distinct clinical behavior from squamous cell (SC) and adenocarcinoma (AC) of the lung...
- Plasma cytokine profiles in Fragile X subjects: is there a role for cytokines in the pathogenesis?Paul Ashwood
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, School of Medicine, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Brain Behav Immun 24:898-902. 2010..Altered immune responses have been described in autism and there is potential that in children with FXS and autism, an abnormal immune response may play a role...
- Early onset of neurological symptoms in fragile X premutation carriers exposed to neurotoxinsRipon Paul
MIND Institute, University of California, Davis, School of Medicine, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Neurotoxicology 31:399-402. 2010....
- Fibroblast phenotype in male carriers of FMR1 premutation allelesDolores Garcia-Arocena
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Hum Mol Genet 19:299-312. 2010..Fibroblast studies may also prove useful in screening and testing the efficacy of therapeutic interventions...
- Expanded clinical phenotype of women with the FMR1 premutationSarah M Coffey
Department of Pediatrics, University of California at Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
Am J Med Genet A 146:1009-16. 2008..The remarkable degree of thyroid dysfunction (17% in the non-FXTAS group and 50% in the FXTAS group) warrants consideration of thyroid function studies in all female premutation carriers, particularly those with core features of FXTAS...
- Chemopreventive n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids reprogram genetic signatures during colon cancer initiation and progression in the ratLaurie A Davidson
Faculty of Nutrition, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 2471, USA
Cancer Res 64:6797-804. 2004....
- Multi-class cancer classification via partial least squares with gene expression profilesDanh V Nguyen
Department of Statistics, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA
Bioinformatics 18:1216-26. 2002..The need for multi-class discrimination methodologies is apparent in many microarray experiments where various cancer types are considered simultaneously...
- Partial least squares proportional hazard regression for application to DNA microarray survival dataDanh V Nguyen
Department of Statistics, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA
Bioinformatics 18:1625-32. 2002..We consider here the case that the number of covariates, p, exceeds the number of samples, N, a setting typical of gene expression data from DNA microarrays...
- Is cross-validation better than resubstitution for ranking genes?Ulisses Braga-Neto
Section of Clinical Cancer Genetics, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Bioinformatics 20:253-8. 2004..In all cases, resubstitution is competitive with cross-validation relative to ranking accuracy. This is in addition to the enormous savings in computation time afforded by resubstitution...
- Positron emission tomography and improved survival in patients with lung cancer: the Will Rogers phenomenon revisitedKaren G Chee
UC Davis Cancer Center, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Arch Intern Med 168:1541-9. 2008..We investigated whether use of highly sensitive positron emission tomography (PET) scanning in non-small cell lung cancer has had this effect...
- DNA microarray experiments: biological and technological aspectsDanh V Nguyen
Department of Statistics, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 3143, USA
Biometrics 58:701-17. 2002..We emphasize the importance of basic research in DNA array technologies to improve the reliability of future experiments...
- A quantitative assessment of tremor and ataxia in FMR1 premutation carriers using CATSYSDalila Aguilar
Medical Investigation of Neurodevelopmental Disorders MIND Institute, University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
Am J Med Genet A 146:629-35. 2008..0016). These results demonstrate that the quantitative measures of the CATSYS system can document significant differences in intention tremor and postural sway in patients with FXTAS compared to controls...