Affiliation: University of Southern California
- The influence of depressive symptoms on experimental smoking and intention to smoke in a diverse youth sampleElahe Nezami
Institute for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Research, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 7798, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 7:243-8. 2005..These results indicate that the association between depressive symptoms and adolescent smoking generalizes across diverse ethnic groups...
- Linguistic translation of psychological assessment tools: a case study of the MMPI-2Elahe Nezami
Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Alhambra, CA 90089 7798, USA
Eval Health Prof 31:313-7. 2008..This article examines the effect of cultural differences on translation accuracy outcomes for the translation of the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2 (S. R. Hathaway & J. C. McKinley, 1940) into Farsi for use in Iran...
- Hostility, depressive symptoms, and smoking in early adolescenceJie Wu Weiss
Keck School of Medicine, Institute of Prevention Research, Transdisciplinary Tobacco Use Research Center, University of Southern California, 1000 S. Fremont Ave, Unit 8, Building A, Alhambra, CA 91803, USA
J Adolesc 28:49-62. 2005..The association between hostility and smoking was stronger for students reporting higher levels of depressive symptoms...
- Exploring peers as a mediator of the association between depression and smoking in young adolescentsAnamara Ritt-Olson
Institute for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Research, University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, Alhambra, CA 91803, USA
Subst Use Misuse 40:77-98. 2005..Peer influence was related to depressed affect for both genders. These results provide evidence that peer influences are an important variable to take into consideration when addressing a depression smoking relationship...
- A cultural psychology approach to "drug abuse" preventionJennifer B Unger
Transdisciplinary Prevention Research Center, University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Subst Use Misuse 39:1779-820. 2004..Implications of cultural risk and protective factors for transdisciplinary research on drug abuse prevention are also discussed...