Affiliation: University of Southern California
- The influence of depressive symptoms on experimental smoking and intention to smoke in a diverse youth sampleElahe Nezami
Institute for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Research, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 7798, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 7:243-8. 2005..These results indicate that the association between depressive symptoms and adolescent smoking generalizes across diverse ethnic groups...
- Linguistic translation of psychological assessment tools: a case study of the MMPI-2Elahe Nezami
Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Alhambra, CA 90089 7798, USA
Eval Health Prof 31:313-7. 2008..This article examines the effect of cultural differences on translation accuracy outcomes for the translation of the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2 (S. R. Hathaway & J. C. McKinley, 1940) into Farsi for use in Iran...
- Hostility, depressive symptoms, and smoking in early adolescenceJie Wu Weiss
Keck School of Medicine, Institute of Prevention Research, Transdisciplinary Tobacco Use Research Center, University of Southern California, 1000 S Fremont Ave, Unit 8, Building A, Alhambra, CA 91803, USA
J Adolesc 28:49-62. 2005..The association between hostility and smoking was stronger for students reporting higher levels of depressive symptoms...
- Exploring peers as a mediator of the association between depression and smoking in young adolescentsAnamara Ritt-Olson
Institute for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Research, University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, Alhambra, CA 91803, USA
Subst Use Misuse 40:77-98. 2005..Peer influence was related to depressed affect for both genders. These results provide evidence that peer influences are an important variable to take into consideration when addressing a depression smoking relationship...
- A cultural psychology approach to "drug abuse" preventionJennifer B Unger
Transdisciplinary Prevention Research Center, University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Subst Use Misuse 39:1779-820. 2004..Implications of cultural risk and protective factors for transdisciplinary research on drug abuse prevention are also discussed...