Affiliation: University of Louisville
- Conflict structure moderates associations between cardiovascular reactivity and negative marital interactionTamara L Newton
Department of Psychology, Miami University, USA
Health Psychol 22:270-8. 2003..Implications for gender difference in marital conflict physiology are considered...
- Socioemotional correlates of self-reported menstrual cycle irregularity in premenopausal womenTamara L Newton
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Psychosom Med 65:1065-9. 2003..Extrapolating from this research, the present study examined socioemotional correlates of menstrual cycle irregularity in premenopausal women by focusing on the dimensions of dominance/submission and hostility/warmth...
- Cardiovascular reactivity during dyadic social interaction: the roles of gender and dominanceTamara L Newton
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, University of Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Int J Psychophysiol 57:219-28. 2005..Potential reasons for gender-specific patterning are considered...
- Ambulatory cardiovascular functioning in healthy postmenopausal women with victimization historiesTamara L Newton
University of Louisville, Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, Belknap Campus, 317 Life Sciences Building, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Biol Psychol 70:121-30. 2005..Given the prevalence of criminal victimization, biopsychosocial research on women's cardiovascular disease risk may benefit from increased attention to this stressor and its psychological sequelae...
- Lack of a close confidant: prevalence and correlates in a medically underserved primary care sampleTamara Newton
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Psychol Health Med 13:185-92. 2008..Past month anxiety and depression symptoms, but not medical status, were associated with unmet socioemotional needs. Implications for primary healthcare interventions are discussed...
- Cardiovascular functioning, personality, and the social world: the domain of hierarchical powerTamara L Newton
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, University of Louisville, 317 Life Sciences, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 33:145-59. 2009..Implications for the next generation of research concerning social dominance, gender, and cardiovascular functioning are discussed...
- Markers of inflammation in midlife women with intimate partner violence historiesTamara L Newton
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, University of Louisville, Kentucky 40292, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 20:1871-80. 2011....
- Correlations among inflammatory markers in plasma, saliva and oral mucosal transudate in post-menopausal women with past intimate partner violenceRafael Fernandez-Botran
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292, United States
Brain Behav Immun 25:314-21. 2011..Results indicate that IL-6 and sIL-6R levels in saliva or OMT do not closely reflect those in plasma, and therefore are not a good surrogate for systemic levels...
- Gender and trauma as predictors of military attrition: a study of Marine Corps recruitsJessica Wolfe
National Center for PTSD, VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA 02130, USA
Mil Med 170:1037-43. 2005..These findings suggest that developing interventions to bolster recruits' coping skills may improve adaptation to the recruit training environment and thus decrease attrition...
- SOCIAL DOMINANCE, GENDER, AND CARDIOVASCULAR REACTIVITYTamara Newton; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Intimate Partner Violence and Inflammatory ProcessesTamara Newton; Fiscal Year: 2007....