Affiliation: University of Tulsa
- The risks and benefits of participating in trauma-focused research studiesElana Newman
Psychology Department, University of Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74104, USA
J Trauma Stress 17:383-94. 2004..Continuing efforts are needed to identify individuals at risk for unfavorable reactions to research participation. A systematic empirical approach to evaluating participant experience in all human research is recommended...
- Overview of research addressing ethical dimensions of participation in traumatic stress studies: autonomy and beneficenceElana Newman
Department of Psychology, University of Tulsa, Tulsa, OK 74103, USA
J Trauma Stress 22:595-602. 2009..Discussion addresses implications of this evidence for research practice and policy, and identifies some potentially informative data collections opportunities for future trauma studies...
- Empirically supported ethical research practice: the costs and benefits of research from the participants' viewE Newman
Department of Psychology, University of Tulsa, 600 South College Avenue, Tulsa, IK 74104, USA
Account Res 8:309-29. 2001..Based on these findings, a revised version of the instrument and suggestions for future research are presented. This approach provides a foundation for scientifically informed protection of human subjects...
- The psychometric utility of two self-report measures of PTSD among women substance usersTracy Harrington
University of Tulsa, Department of Psychology, 600 South College Avenue, Tulsa, OK 74104, USA
Addict Behav 32:2788-98. 2007..A score of 38 and above on the PTSD Checklist Civilian Version and a Penn Inventory score of 25 and above optimally maximized the number of women with PTSD identified and minimized false negative and false positive rates...
- The relationship among cognitive schemas, job-related traumatic exposure, and posttraumatic stress disorder in journalistsCaroline M Pyevich
Department of Psychology, University of Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74114, USA
J Trauma Stress 16:325-8. 2003..Implications include targeting interventions for journalists who experience traumatic stress and modifying theories about PTSD symptoms in journalists...
- The reactions to research participation questionnaires for children and for parents (RRPQ-C and RRPQ-P)Nancy Kassam-Adams
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 24:336-42. 2002..Investigators should consider including systematic standardized assessment of participant reactions in child clinical research studies...
- Health care costs associated with posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms in womenEdward A Walker
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle 98195, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 60:369-74. 2003..However, little is known about actual health care costs associated with PTSD...
- Child and parent reactions to participation in clinical researchNancy Kassam-Adams
TraumaLink and Center for Pediatric Trauma Stress, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 27:29-35. 2005..This study assessed reactions of injured children and their parents to research participation and examined associations with demographic, injury and acute stress variables...
- Adult health status of women HMO members with posttraumatic stress disorder symptomsPaul S Ciechanowski
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington, Box 356560, Seattle, WA 98195 6560, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 26:261-8. 2004..Among female HMO members, PTSD symptoms are associated with a wide range of both self-reported and physician-coded adverse physical health outcomes...
- Posttraumatic stress disorder among criminally involved youthElana Newman
Arch Gen Psychiatry 60:849; author reply 849-50. 2003
- Validation of the PTSD checklist in an HMO sample of womenEdward A Walker
Division of Consultation Liaison Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 24:375-80. 2002....
- Acute stress disorder symptoms in children and their parents after pediatric traffic injuryFlaura Koplin Winston
The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, TraumaLink, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Pediatrics 109:e90. 2002....