Patricia A Newcomb
Affiliation: University of Texas at Arlington
- Conditions associated with childhood asthma in north TexasPatricia Newcomb
College of Nursing, University of Texas at Arlington, 411 South Nedderman Drive, Arlington, TX 76019, USA
ISRN Allergy 2012:823608. 2012..Discussion. Children with asthma are at high risk for impairment in multiple dimensions. Thorough assessment, including comprehensive medical, social, and environmental histories, is critical in management of pediatric asthma...
- Acute effects of walking environment and GSTM1 variants in children with asthmaPatricia Newcomb
College of Nursing, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX 76019, USA
Biol Res Nurs 14:55-64. 2012..Exercise in air polluted by traffic emissions may aggravate airway inflammation in children with asthma, particularly those who produce decreased glutathione-S transferase (GST) as a result of GSTM1 gene deletion...
- Predicting admissions for childhood asthma based on proximity to major roadwaysPatricia Newcomb
University of Texas Arlington, School of Nursing, Arlington, TX, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 40:319-25. 2008..We hypothesized that, controlling for selected demographic and social factors, exposure to traffic emissions would allow the prediction of hospital utilization for children with asthma...
- Barriers to patient-clinician collaboration in asthma management: the patient experiencePatricia A Newcomb
University of Texas at Arlington, School of Nursing, Arlington, Texas 76019, USA
J Asthma 47:192-7. 2010..To describe what adult patients with asthma report about their experiences with their own self-management behavior and working with their clinicians to control asthma...
- Results of an asthma disease management program in an urban pediatric community clinicPatricia Newcomb
Harris School of Nursing, Texas Christian University, Ft Worth, TX, USA
J Spec Pediatr Nurs 11:178-88. 2006..The Children's Asthma Management Program (CHAMP) was designed and implemented by nurse practitioners to address the problem of inconsistent asthma management...