Heather B Neuman
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Predictors of short-term postoperative survival after elective colectomy in colon cancer patients ≥ 80 years of ageHeather B Neuman
Department of Surgery, UW Madison School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 20:1427-35. 2013..The objective was to identify overall health measures that are predictive of poor survival after elective surgery in these oldest-old colon cancer patients...
- Surgical treatment of colon cancer in patients aged 80 years and older : analysis of 31,574 patients in the SEER-Medicare databaseHeather B Neuman
Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53792 7375, USA
Cancer 119:639-47. 2013..The objective of the current study was to describe patterns of surgery in patients aged ≥ 80 years with colon cancer and examine outcomes with and without colectomy...
- Randomized clinical trials in colon cancerHeather B Neuman
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, H1206, New York, NY 10065, USA
Surg Oncol Clin N Am 19:183-204. 2010..We review those randomized controlled trials that have most impacted the clinical management of patients with colon cancer in 2009...
- Management of the axillaBarbara Zarebczan Dull
Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, 600 Highland Avenue, H4 726 CSC, Madison, WI 53792 7375, USA
Surg Clin North Am 93:429-44. 2013..Determining the optimal timing of SLN in patients undergoing neoadjuvant chemotherapy and the prognostic and clinical significance of micrometastases remain areas of research...
- Impact of neoadjuvant chemotherapy on wound complications after breast surgeryMarquita R Decker
Wisconsin Surgical Outcomes Research Program, Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53792 7375, USA
Surgery 152:382-8. 2012..Use of neoadjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer is increasing. The objective was to examine risk of postoperative wound complications in patients receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer...
- Rectal cancer patients' quality of life with a temporary stoma: shifting perspectivesHeather B Neuman
Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 55:1117-24. 2012..Patients with rectal cancer who have a temporary ostomy report good quality of life despite identifying a number of stoma-related difficulties...
- Impact of a temporary stoma on the quality of life of rectal cancer patients undergoing treatmentHeather B Neuman
University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 18:1397-403. 2011..This study prospectively evaluates QOL in stage I-III rectal cancer patients undergoing sphincter-preserving surgery (SPS) with a temporary diverting stoma...
- Wound complications after inguinal lymph node dissection for melanoma: is ACS NSQIP adequate?Carly E Glarner
Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 20:2049-55. 2013..In the current study, the multicenter American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (ACS NSQIP) was utilized to examine the frequency and predictors of wound complications after ILND...
- Impact of axillary ultrasound and core needle biopsy on the utility of intraoperative frozen section analysis and treatment decision making in women with invasive breast cancerHolly Caretta-Weyer
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53792 7375, USA
Am J Surg 204:308-14. 2012..A secondary aim was to evaluate the impact on the utility of intraoperative sentinel lymph node (SLN) frozen section...
- Randomized clinical trials in rectal and anal cancersJason Park
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065, USA
Surg Oncol Clin N Am 19:205-23. 2010..The article discusses the major RCTs and relevant findings that have impacted clinical management most and includes most but not all RCTs on therapy for rectal cancer published during this period...