Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- The QOLIBRI--towards a quality of life tool after traumatic brain injury: current developments in AsiaJ L Truelle
Service de médecine physique et de réadaptation Centre hospitalo universitaire, Garches, France
Acta Neurochir Suppl 101:125-9. 2008..There is no disease-specific health-related quality of life (HRQoL) tool devoted to traumatic brain injury (TBI)...
- Experimental models of traumatic brain injury: do we really need to build a better mousetrap?D M Morales
Traumatic Brain Injury Laboratory, Department of Neurosurgery, University of Pennsylvania, 3320 Smith Walk, 105C Hayden Hall, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neuroscience 136:971-89. 2005..This review provides an up-to-date and critical analysis of the existing models of traumatic brain injury with a view toward guiding and improving future research endeavors...
- A review and rationale for the use of genetically engineered animals in the study of traumatic brain injuryL Longhi
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Pennsylvania and Veterans Administration Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 21:1241-58. 2001....
- Effects of chronic, post-injury Cyclosporin A administration on motor and sensorimotor function following severe, experimental traumatic brain injuryP Riess
Department of Neurosurgery, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 3320 Smith Walk, Philadelphia PA 19104, USA
Restor Neurol Neurosci 18:1-8. 2001..CONCLUSION: These data suggest that daily post-injury treatment with CsA improves certain aspects of motor and sensorimotor function following experimental TBI...
- Differential acute and chronic responses of tumor necrosis factor-deficient mice to experimental brain injuryU Scherbel
Department of Neurosurgery, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia PA 19104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:8721-6. 1999..02). Our results suggest that although the presence of TNF in the acute posttraumatic period may be deleterious, this cytokine may play a role in facilitating long-term behavioral recovery and histological repair after brain injury...
- [Determinants of severely injured patients' trust in their hospital physicians]O Ommen
Zentrum für Versorgungsforschung ZVFK, Medizinische Fakultät der Universität zu Köln, Eupener Strasse 129, 50933 Koln, Germany
Chirurg 78:52-61. 2007..The aim of the present study was to identify patient-, physician-, and/or hospital-specific determinants which have a significant influence on the trust of severely injured patients in their physicians...
- Incidence and outcome of traumatic brain injury in an urban area in Western Europe over 10 yearsM Maegele
Department of Surgery, Cologne Merheim Medical Center, University of Witten Herdecke, Cologne, Germany
Eur Surg Res 39:372-9. 2007..Valid epidemiological data on incidence and outcome of traumatic brain injury (TBI) show great variability. A study on incidence, severity and outcome of TBI was conducted in an urban area of one million inhabitants...