Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Effect of holding on co-regulation in preterm infants: A randomized controlled trialMadalynn Neu
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, College of Nursing, 13120 E 19th Ave, C 288, Aurora, CO 80045, United States Electronic address
Early Hum Dev 90:141-7. 2014..To determine whether kangaroo holding of healthy preterm infants over the first eight weeks of an infant's life facilitates co-regulation of salivary cortisol between mother and infant...
- Influence of holding practice on preterm infant developmentMadalynn Neu
University of Colorado College of Nursing, Aurora, CO, USA
MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs 38:136-43. 2013..The purpose of this randomized, controlled trial was to determine if nurse-supported kangaroo holding of healthy preterm infants in the first 8 weeks of the infant's life facilitates early behavioral organization and development...
- A review of nonsurgical treatment for the symptom of irritability in infants with GERDMadalynn Neu
University of Colorado College of Nursing, Aurora, Colorado, USA
J Spec Pediatr Nurs 17:177-92. 2012..The purpose of this review was to assess effectiveness of nonsurgical treatment on irritable behavior of infants with gastroesophageal reflux disease...
- Coregulation in salivary cortisol during maternal holding of premature infantsMadalynn Neu
School of Nursing, University of Colorado at Denver, Denver, Colorado, USA
Biol Res Nurs 10:226-40. 2009..coregulation in HPA activity occur during holding? and (b) if mother- infant coregulation in HPA activity exists during holding, do type of holding, antenatal steroids, sound level, and maternal touch influence this coregulation?..
- Maternal holding of preterm infants during the early weeks after birth and dyad interaction at six monthsMadalynn Neu
College of Nursing, University of Colorado Denver, Denver, CO, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 39:401-14. 2010....
- Infants with colic: their childhood characteristicsMadalynn Neu
School of Nursing and Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado, Denver 80262, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 18:12-20. 2003..However, the mean scores of both groups were in the normal range...
- Salivary cortisol in preterm infants: Validation of a simple method for collecting saliva for cortisol determinationMadalynn Neu
University of Colorado Denver and Health Sciences Center, School of Nursing, 4200 E Ninth Avenue, Box C 288, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Early Hum Dev 83:47-54. 2007..The twofold purpose of this study is to 1) establish validity of the filter paper method for saliva collection and 2) apply the filter paper method for saliva collection to preterm infants...
- Early weeks after premature birth as experienced by Latina adolescent mothersMadalynn Neu
Anschutz Medical Campus, School of Nursing, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO, USA
MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs 33:166-72. 2008..To examine the early adaptation challenges and strengths of young mothers with preterm infants...
- Characteristics of school-age children who had colic as infants: mothers' viewsMadalynn Neu
University of Colorado, Department of Psychiatry, Denver, USA
J Spec Pediatr Nurs 7:24-33. 2002..To describe the behavioral style and personality characteristics of young school-age children who were identified as colicky infants and the parents' perspective of any residual behaviors or effects...
- Interactions during feeding with mothers and their infants with symptoms of gastroesophageal refluxMadalynn Neu
1 University of Colorado College of Nursing, Aurora, CO
J Altern Complement Med 20:493-9. 2014..Massage given twice weekly by a professional trended toward improved interaction during feeding. Daily maternal administration of massage may have a positive effect on the relationship. ..