Carla M Nester
Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Eculizumab in the treatment of atypical haemolytic uraemic syndrome and other complement-mediated renal diseasesCarla M Nester
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 25:225-31. 2013....
- Treatment options for C3 glomerulopathyCarla M Nester
Departments of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 22:231-7. 2013..The purpose of this review is to discuss emerging nomenclature, review the salient clinicopathological features and describe the therapeutic options available for the treatment of C3 glomerulopathy (C3G)...
- Multifaceted hemolytic uremic syndrome in pediatricsCarla M Nester
Departments of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, Rare Renal Disease Clinic, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242 1081, USA
Blood Purif 35:86-92. 2013....
- Atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome: what is it, how is it diagnosed, and how is it treated?Carla M Nester
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA
Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program 2012:617-25. 2012..Further studies to identify additional genetic loci for aHUS and more robust biomarkers of both active and quiescent disease are required. Advances in these areas will undoubtedly improve the care of patients with aHUS...
- Cryoglobulinemia and glomerular rhomboid inclusions in a child with acute kidney injuryCarla M Nester
Department of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, Divisions of Nephrology, The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA 52242 1081, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 53:866-70. 2009..The patient's course is consistent with cryoglobulinemia-associated kidney injury, which supports the inclusion of essential cryoglobulinemia in the differential diagnosis of pediatric patients with hypocomplementemic glomerulonephritis...
- Pre-emptive eculizumab and plasmapheresis for renal transplant in atypical hemolytic uremic syndromeCarla Nester
Department of Pediatrics, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 6:1488-94. 2011..S. transplant to open the door to this type of definitive care for this devastating disease...
- Soluble CR1 therapy improves complement regulation in C3 glomerulopathyYuzhou Zhang
Molecular Otolaryngology and Renal Research Laboratories, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
J Am Soc Nephrol 24:1820-9. 2013..Overall, these data indicate that soluble CR1 re-establishes regulation of the alternative complement pathway and provide support for a limited trial to evaluate soluble CR1 as a treatment for DDD and C3GN. ..
- A novel hybrid CFHR1/CFH gene causes atypical hemolytic uremic syndromeStephen J Eyler
Molecular Otolaryngology and Renal Research Laboratories, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, 5270 CBRB Building, Iowa City, IA, 52242, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 28:2221-5. 2013..This high degree of sequence identity renders this area susceptible to nonallelic homologous recombination (NAHR) events, resulting in large-scale deletions, duplications, and the generation of hybrid CFH genes...