Affiliation: University of Miami
- Predictors of remission in depression to individual and combined treatments (PReDICT): study protocol for a randomized controlled trialBoadie W Dunlop
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, 1256 Briarcliff Road, Building A, 3rd Floor, Atlanta, GA 30306, USA
Trials 13:106. 2012..Consequently, we initiated a randomized clinical trial designed to identify factors that moderate response to three treatments for MDD among patients never treated previously for the condition...
- Personalized medicine in psychiatry: problems and promisesUzoezi Ozomaro
University of Miami, Leonard M, Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
BMC Med 11:132. 2013..In addition, we present emerging applications that are likely to advance personalized medicine in psychiatry, with an emphasis on novel biomarkers and neuroimaging...
- International Study to Predict Optimized Treatment for Depression (iSPOT-D), a randomized clinical trial: rationale and protocolLeanne M Williams
BRAINnet Foundation, 71 Stephenson Street, Suite 400, San Francisco, CA, 94105, USA
Trials 12:4. 2011..The aim of iSPOT-D is to identify pretreatment measures that predict or moderate MDD treatment response or remission to escitalopram, sertraline or venlafaxine; and develop a model that incorporates multiple predictors and moderators...
- The role of corticotropin-releasing hormone in the pathophysiology of depression: therapeutic implicationsR Brett Lloyd
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Curr Top Med Chem 11:609-17. 2011..Perhaps the best studied central nervous system (CNS) component of this system is corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF), and considerable research has focused on its role in the HPA axis, as well in extrahypothalamic brain regions...
- PSYCHOBIOLOGY OF CORTICOTROPIN-RELEASING FACTORCharles Nemeroff; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will provide novel information on the role of CRF nepronal systems in the pathophysiology of depression, in animal models of systemic CRF1 receptor antagonist administration. ..
- NEUROTENSIN, AN ENDOGENOUS NEUROLEPTIC-LIKE PEPTIDECharles Nemeroff; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- PSYCHOBIOLOGY OF CORTICOTROPIN-RELEASING FACTORCharles Nemeroff; Fiscal Year: 2000..These studies will furnish novel information on the role of CRF-containing neural systems in both the stress and response and in the pathophysiology of depression. ..
- PSYCHOBIOLOGY OF CORTICOTROPIN-RELEASING FACTORCharles Nemeroff; Fiscal Year: 1993..Such studies have important implications for the development of novel treatments for major depression and perhaps anxiety disorders...
- NEUROTENSIN--AN ENDOGENOUS NEUROLEPTIC LIKE PEPTIDECharles Nemeroff; Fiscal Year: 1999..These studies will provide novel information concerning the role of NT systems in the mechanism of action of antipsychotic drugs, and in the pathophysiology of schizophrenia. ..
- Neurotensin an endogenous neuroleptic-like peptideCharles Nemeroff; Fiscal Year: 2007..Drugs that act upon NT circuits represent just such a novel research direction. ..