Richard E Nelson
Affiliation: University of Utah
- The impact of mental illness on the risk of employment terminationRichard E Nelson
Division of Epidemiology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84148, USA
J Ment Health Policy Econ 14:39-52. 2011..However, little is known about the impact of mental illness on an individual's ability to maintain employment...
- The effect of Medicare Part D on health care utilization for non-elderly Medicare recipients with disabilitiesRichard E Nelson
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT, USA VA Salt Lake City Health Care System, Salt Lake City, UT, USA Electronic address
Disabil Health J 7:64-9. 2014..The effect of Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage on non-elderly beneficiaries, most of whom have disabilities, has not been fully explored...
- A comparison of individualized treatment guided by VeriStrat with standard of care treatment strategies in patients receiving second-line treatment for advanced non-small cell lung cancer: A cost-utility analysisRichard E Nelson
VA Salt Lake City Health Care System, Salt Lake City, UT, United States University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT, United States Electronic address
Lung Cancer 82:461-8. 2013....
- Comparing adherence to two different HIV antiretroviral regimens: an instrumental variable analysisRichard E Nelson
George E Whalen Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 500 Foothill Drive, GRECC 182, Salt Lake City, UT 84148, USA
AIDS Behav 17:160-7. 2013..1 % of NNRTI patients. In multivariable analysis, starting a PI regimen was significantly associated with poor adherence for all 4 adherence thresholds using conventional regressions and instrumental variable methods...
- The effect of increased travel reimbursement rates on health care utilization in the VARichard E Nelson
Veterans Affairs Salt Lake City Health Care System, Salt Lake City, Utah 84148, USA
J Rural Health 28:192-201. 2012..5 cents per mile on February 1, 2008. We examined the effect of this policy change on utilization of outpatient, inpatient, and pharmacy services, stratifying veterans based on distance from a VA facility...
- Factors associated with screening or treatment initiation among male United States veterans at risk for osteoporosis fractureRichard E Nelson
George E Wahlen Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Bone 50:983-8. 2012..Results suggest that clinicians are relying on some, but not all, clinical risk factors when assessing osteoporosis risk...
- Predictors of oral bisphosphonate prescriptions in post-menopausal women with osteoporosis in a real-world setting in the USAC Asche
University of Utah College of Pharmacy, Salt Lake, UT, USA
Osteoporos Int 21:1427-36. 2010..5 in the Geisinger Health System electronic health record database. Treatment was positively associated with age, oral corticosteroids, and smoking, and negatively associated with body mass index and bone mineral density scores...
- Cost-effectiveness of adding decolonization to a surveillance strategy of screening and isolation for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus carriersR E Nelson
VA Salt Lake City Health Care System, George E Whalen Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 500 Foothill Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84148, USA
Clin Microbiol Infect 16:1740-6. 2010..These results provide a strong economic argument for adding an MRSA decolonization protocol to the current VHA active surveillance strategy...
- Patent extension policy for paediatric indications: an evaluation of the impact within three drug classes in a state Medicaid programmeRichard E Nelson
School of Medicine, University of Utah, Division of Epidemiology, Salt Lake City, Utah 84148, USA
Appl Health Econ Health Policy 9:171-81. 2011..Branded drugs in the statin, ACE inhibitor and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) classes were three of many classes with drugs granted patent extensions...
- Testing the Fetal Origins Hypothesis in a developing country: evidence from the 1918 Influenza PandemicRichard E Nelson
Pharmacotherapy Outcomes Research Center, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Health Econ 19:1181-92. 2010..These results underscore the importance of fetal health especially in developing countries...
- Assessment of adherence, persistence, and costs among valsartan and hydrochlorothiazide retrospective cohorts in free-and fixed-dose combinationsDiana I Brixner
University of Utah College of Pharmacy, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 24:2597-607. 2008....
- Utilization of travel reimbursement in the veterans health administrationRichard E Nelson
Veterans Affairs Salt Lake City Health Care System, Salt Lake City, Utah University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah
J Rural Health 30:128-38. 2014..5 cents per mile on November 17, 2008. We identified characteristics of veterans more likely to receive travel reimbursements and evaluated the impact of these increases on utilization of the benefit...
- Overestimation of the effects of adherence on outcomes: a case study in healthy user bias and hypertensionJoanne LaFleur
Department of Pharmacotherapy, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, 84112, USA
Heart 97:1862-9. 2011..Such studies are increasing in frequency across disease states and influence clinical practice. Adherence to antihypertensive medications was studied to illustrate confounding in such studies...
- Costs and infant outcomes after implementation of a care process model for febrile infantsCarrie L Byington
Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108, USA
Pediatrics 130:e16-24. 2012..Well-appearing febrile infants with SBI cannot be distinguished from those without by examination alone. Variation in care resulting in both undertreatment and overtreatment is common...