H H Nelson
Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- RNASEL and MIR146A SNP-SNP interaction as a susceptibility factor for non-melanoma skin cancerShohreh F Farzan
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Section of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Lebanon, New Hampshire, United States of America Norris Cotton Cancer Center, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Lebanon, New Hampshire, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e93602. 2014..These data suggest that RNASEL, an enzyme involved in RNA turnover, is controlled by miR-146a and may be important in NMSC etiology...
- Genetic determinants of UV-susceptibility in non-melanoma skin cancerMarleen M Welsh
Department of Preventive Medicine and Biometrics, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e20019. 2011..These data suggest differential genetic susceptibility to UV-induced immune suppression and skin cancer risk by gender...
- DNA methylation analysis reveals distinct methylation signatures in pediatric germ cell tumorsJames F Amatruda
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
BMC Cancer 13:313. 2013..Aberrant DNA methylation is a prominent feature of many cancers, and may be especially relevant in germ cell tumors (GCTs) due to the extensive epigenetic reprogramming that occurs in the germ line during normal development...
- DNA methylation arrays as surrogate measures of cell mixture distributionEugene Andres Houseman
College of Public Health and Human Sciences, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 13:86. 2012..Emerging research demonstrates that DNA methylation is responsible for cellular differentiation, and when measured in whole peripheral blood, serves to distinguish cancer cases from controls...
- Key epigenetic changes associated with lung cancer development: results from dense methylation array profilingHeather H Nelson
Masonic Cancer Center, Division of Epidemiology and Community Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Epigenetics 7:559-66. 2012..Our data indicate that the identified genes consistently have altered methylation in lung tumors. Our identified genes should be included in translational studies that aim to develop screening for early disease detection...
- Similar DNA methylation levels in specific imprinting control regions in children conceived with and without assisted reproductive technology: a cross-sectional studySusan E Puumala
Center for Health Outcomes and Prevention Research, Sanford Research, Sioux Falls, SD, USA
BMC Pediatr 12:33. 2012..Results from previous studies have been mixed, but some methylation differences have been observed...
- Model-based clustering of DNA methylation array data: a recursive-partitioning algorithm for high-dimensional data arising as a mixture of beta distributionsE Andres Houseman
Department of Biostatistics, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, 02115, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 9:365. 2008..Model-based cluster analysis is often used to identify DNA methylation subgroups in data, but it is unclear how to cluster DNA methylation data from arrays in a scalable and reliable manner...
- The relationship between tumor MSLN methylation and serum mesothelin (SMRP) in mesotheliomaHeather H Nelson
Division of Epidemiology and Community Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA roduction
Epigenetics 6:1029-34. 2011..These results may lead to additional biomarker targets that will resolve the poor sensitivity of the SMRP assay and allow implementation of screening among exposed populations...
- KRAS mutation, KRAS-LCS6 polymorphism, and non-small cell lung cancerH H Nelson
Masonic Cancer Center, Division of Epidemiology and Community Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Lung Cancer 69:51-3. 2010..Further, we find no association between the LCS6 polymorphism and lung cancer survival. These unexpected findings imply that this newly reported KRAS-LCS6 polymorphism will have limited clinical utility for NSCLC...
- Global methylation in exposure biology and translational medical scienceHeather H Nelson
Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Environ Health Perspect 119:1528-33. 2011..There is an emerging literature that uses CpG methylation at repetitive sequences, including LINE-1 (long interspersed nuclear element-1) elements, to capture the epigenomic state...