Eve Lynn Nelson
Affiliation: University of Kansas Medical Center
- A comparison of psychiatrist evaluation and patient symptom report in a jail telepsychiatry clinicEve Lynn Nelson
Center for Telemedicine and Telehealth, Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Telemed J E Health 10:S-54-9. 2004..35, p < 0.05]. The findings support the effectiveness of telepsychiatric evaluation for the jail population. The patterns of telepsychiatric use in the county jail as well as future directions in this setting are described...
- Telemedicine and adherence to national guidelines for ADHD evaluation: a case studyEve Lynn Nelson
Center for Telemedicine and Telehealth, Department of Pediatrics, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Boulevard, 2012 Wahl Annex, MS 1048, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Psychol Serv 9:293-7. 2012..The school-based telemedicine clinic allowed increased communication across the school and specialty mental health systems and facilitated greater input across child, parent, school personnel, and mental health professionals...
- Treating childhood depression over videoconferencingEve Lynn Nelson
Center for Telemedicine and Telehealth, Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160 7171, USA
Telemed J E Health 9:49-55. 2003..The study serves as a model for building on past research to implement a randomized controlled trial. This information provides persuasive research data concerning treatment effectiveness for clinicians, families, and funders...
- Telepsychology: research and practice overviewEve Lynn Nelson
Pediatrics Department, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Boulevard, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 20:67-79. 2011..The authors also provide an update to pioneering interdisciplinary telehealth principles presented a decade ago...
- Rural telepsychology services for children and adolescentsEve Lynn Nelson
Kansas University Medical Center, Center for Telemedicine and Department of Pediatrics, 2012 Wahl Annex, MS 1048, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
J Clin Psychol 66:490-501. 2010..Telepsychology is illustrated with a case report of a rural Hispanic teen and her family presenting through the teen's primary care clinic...
- Reliability associated with the Roter Interaction Analysis System (RIAS) adapted for the telemedicine contextEve Lynn Nelson
KU Center for Telemedicine and Telehealth, The University of Kansas Medical Center, Mailstop 1048, 2012 Wahl Annex, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66160 7171, United States
Patient Educ Couns 78:72-8. 2010..This initial evaluation is a first step before broadly using the adapted measure across technologies and raters...
- Adapting the Roter interaction analysis system for telemedicine: lessons from four specialty clinicsEve Lynn Nelson
Center for Telemedicine and Telehealth, Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, USA
J Telemed Telecare 11:105-7. 2005..Further studies are required to establish the reliability of the adapted RIAS measure and to increase understanding of telemedicine communication patterns...
- Reshaping health care delivery for adolescent parents: healthy steps and telemedicineEve Lynn Nelson
Center for Telemedicine and Telehealth, Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas, USA
Telemed J E Health 9:387-92. 2003..This article describes the process of delivering Healthy Steps services via telemedicine, specifically, selection and description of the site, selection of the technology, services provided, research evaluation, and lessons learned...
- A pilot study of home-based videoconferencing for breastfeeding supportWilaiporn Rojjanasrirat
Graceland University, Kansas City, MO, USA
J Hum Lact 28:464-7. 2012..Research on using videoconferencing for breastfeeding support is limited...
- Understanding the functional late effects and informational needs of adult survivors of childhood cancerWendy McClellan
Survive and Thrive Survivorship Program, Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, Kansas City, MO, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 40:254-62. 2013..To report functional (physical and cognitive) late effects, experiences, and information needs of adult survivors of childhood cancer...
- An in-home intervention to improve nutrition, physical activity, and knowledge among low-income teen mothers and their children: results from a pilot studyAnn M Davis
Department of Pediatrics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS Center for Children s Healthy Lifestyles and Nutrition, Kansas City, Mo Department of Psychiatry, Boston Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA Department of Nutrition, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS Clinical Child Psychology Program, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS Department of Behavioral Sciences, Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, Kansas City, MO School of Nursing, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS Department of Telemedicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS
J Dev Behav Pediatr 34:609-15. 2013..The current study examines the impact of a brief in-home educational intervention designed to improve health knowledge and behavior in a sample of low-income adolescent mothers...
- Modifying the Roter Interaction Analysis System to study provider-patient communication in telemedicine: promises, pitfalls, insights, and recommendationsEdward Alan Miller
Division of Health Policy and Administration, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, School of Medicine, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8034, USA
Telemed J E Health 11:44-55. 2005..The more we know about what interaction patterns lead to best outcomes, the more emphasis can be placed on developing training programs and other interventions to enhance patient-provider interactions in telemedicine...
- Ethical concerns associated with childhood depressionEve Lynn Nelson
Bioethics Forum 18:55-62. 2002..This article reviews ethical concerns regarding assessment of depression, clinical care, and research with children...