Edward L Nelson
Affiliation: University of California
- Fluorescence activated cell sorting (FACS) using RNAlater to minimize RNA degradation and perturbation of mRNA expression from cells involved in initial host microbe interactionsKevin P Nishimoto
Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, School of Biological Sciences, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
J Microbiol Methods 70:205-8. 2007..We describe a method utilizing RNAlater for Fluorescence Activated Cell Sorting of these critical cells that minimizes the downstream perturbation in the gene expression profile...
- Granulocyte-macrophage stimulating factor (GM-CSF) increases circulating dendritic cells but does not abrogate suppression of adaptive cellular immunity in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer receiving chemotherapyMicaela Martinez
Tisch Cancer Institute of Mt, Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Cancer Cell Int 12:2. 2012..abstract:..
- Venezuelan equine encephalitis replicon immunization overcomes intrinsic tolerance and elicits effective anti-tumor immunity to the 'self' tumor-associated antigen, neu in a rat mammary tumor modelEdward L Nelson
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, School of Medicine and Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, University of California, Irvine, CA 97697 4060, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 82:169-83. 2003..These data support the continued development and potential clinical application of this alphaviral replicon vector system and the use of appropriately designed target antigen sequences for anti-tumor immunotherapy...
- Stress, immunity, and cervical cancer: biobehavioral outcomes of a randomized clinical trial [corrected]Edward L Nelson
Department of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:2111-8. 2008....
- Restricted and selective tropism of a Venezuelan equine encephalitis virus-derived replicon vector for human dendritic cellsKevin P Nishimoto
Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, School of Medicine, School of Biological Sciences, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California 92697, USA
Viral Immunol 20:88-104. 2007..These studies support the demonstration of selective VRP tropism for human DCs and provide further insight into the biology of the VRP vector, its parent virus, and human DCs...
- VRP immunotherapy targeting neu: treatment efficacy and evidence for immunoediting in a stringent rat mammary tumor modelAmanda K Laust
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, School of Biological Sciences, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 106:371-82. 2007....
- A human dendritic cell subset receptive to the Venezuelan equine encephalitis virus-derived replicon particle constitutively expresses IL-32Kevin P Nishimoto
Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, School of Biological Sciences, University of California at Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
J Immunol 181:4010-8. 2008..These data are the first to identify a subset of immature monocyte-derived DCs constitutively expressing IL-32 and they provide insights into both DC biology and potential mechanisms employed by this potent vector system...
- Longitudinal change in telomere length and the chronic stress response in a randomized pilot biobehavioral clinical study: implications for cancer preventionKelly A Biegler
Division of Hematology Oncology, Center for Immunology, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 5:1173-82. 2012....
- B-1 cell lymphoma in mice lacking the steroid and xenobiotic receptor, SXRStephanie C Casey
Developmental and Cell Biology, University of California, Irvine, California 92697 2300, USA
Mol Endocrinol 25:933-43. 2011....
- Immunophototherapy using PDT combined with rapid intratumoral dendritic cell injectionBrandon W Sur
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
Photochem Photobiol 84:1257-64. 2008..These data indicate that DCs rapidly administered into the site of PDT retain their viability and functional status, supporting the further evaluation of immunophototherapy strategies...
- C1q differentially modulates phagocytosis and cytokine responses during ingestion of apoptotic cells by human monocytes, macrophages, and dendritic cellsDeborah A Fraser
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 3900, USA
J Immunol 183:6175-85. 2009....
- Recruitment and retention results for a population-based cervical cancer biobehavioral clinical trialKathryn Osann
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of California Irvine, Irvine, CA, USA
Gynecol Oncol 121:558-64. 2011..We encountered significant challenges in both recruitment and retention in a randomized biobehavioral clinical trial for cervical cancer survivors, identified through California Cancer Registries, leading to this investigation...
- Biopsychological stress factors in BRCA mutation carriersLari Wenzel
School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA, USA
Psychosomatics 53:582-90. 2012..This study examined the effect of mother's vital status on psychological factors and stress-associated biomarkers among BRCA mutation carriers. The role of bereavement on biopsychological variables was also examined...