Antonia M Nelson
Affiliation: University of Connecticut
- Toward a situation-specific theory of breastfeedingAntonia M Nelson
School of Nursing, University of Connecticut Storrs, CT 06269 2026, USA
Res Theory Nurs Pract 20:9-27. 2006..quot;Salutary breastfeeding" is proposed as a new, ideal breastfeeding experience that is positive, healthy, and fulfilling, yet encompasses acknowledgement of diversity in maternal/infant dyads and situational context...
- A metasynthesis of qualitative breastfeeding studiesAntonia M Nelson
University of Connecticut School of Nursing, 231 Glenbrook Road Unit 2026, Storrs, CT 06269 2026, USA
J Midwifery Womens Health 51:e13-20. 2006..An individually tailored breastfeeding plan is suggested to facilitate both a satisfactory maternal breastfeeding experience and to maximize breastfeeding exclusivity and duration...
- A qualitative study of older first-time mothering in the first yearAntonia M Nelson
University of Connecticut, School of Nursing, Storrs 06269 2026, USA
J Pediatr Health Care 18:284-91. 2004..The number of older first-time mothers has increased significantly during the past 30 years. The purpose of this study was to create a phenomenologic text explicating the experience of older, first-time mothering during the first year...
- Addressing the threat of evidence-based practice to qualitative inquiry through increasing attention to quality: a discussion paperAntonia M Nelson
University of Connecticut School of Nursing, 231 Glenbrook Road, Unit 2026, Storrs, CT 06269 1246, USA
Int J Nurs Stud 45:316-22. 2008..This will help solidify the argument in favor of incorporating qualitative research findings as part of the empirical "evidence" upon which evidence-based nursing is founded...
- Maternal-newborn nurses' experiences of inconsistent professional breastfeeding supportAntonia M Nelson
Department of Nursing, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut, USA
J Adv Nurs 60:29-38. 2007..This paper is a report of a study to describe the meaning and significance of common, essential elements of inconsistent professional breastfeeding support as revealed through the experiences of maternal-newborn nurses in a hospital...
- A metasynthesis: mothering other-than-normal childrenAntonia M Nelson
St Joseph College, West Hartford, Connecticut, USA
Qual Health Res 12:515-30. 2002....
- Transition to motherhoodAntonia M Nelson
Nursing Department, Saint Joseph College, West Hartford, CT 06117 2791, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 32:465-77. 2003..To synthesize the results of nine qualitative studies related to the transition to motherhood, using Noblit and Hare's method of meta-synthesis development...