Vicki A Nejtek
Affiliation: University of North Texas
- Adolescent mental health: Challenges with maternal noncomplianceVicki A Nejtek
University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, TX, USA
Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat 6:67-9. 2010..Stringent mental health law and institutional policies are needed to adequately intercede and protect adolescents with mental illness...
- Do atypical antipsychotics effectively treat co-occurring bipolar disorder and stimulant dependence? A randomized, double-blind trialVicki A Nejtek
Department of Psychiatry, University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, TX 76107, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 69:1257-66. 2008....
- Lamotrigine in patients with bipolar disorder and cocaine dependenceE Sherwood Brown
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75390, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 64:197-201. 2003..Open-label lamotrigine was examined in 30 outpatients with DSM-IV bipolar disorder and cocaine dependence. Lamotrigine was either added to existing medication regimens or used as monotherapy...
- Effect of lamotrigine on mood and cognition in patients receiving chronic exogenous corticosteroidsE Sherwood Brown
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8849, USA
Psychosomatics 44:204-8. 2003..These pilot data suggest that lamotrigine may be associated with improved mood and performance on cognitive tasks in steroid-treated patients. Larger controlled trials are needed to confirm these preliminary findings...
- Open-label nefazodone in patients with a major depressive episode and alcohol dependenceE Sherwood Brown
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 8849, USA
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 27:681-5. 2003..Major depressive disorder (MDD) and alcohol dependence (AD) frequently occur together. However, MDD clinical trials generally exclude patients with alcohol-related disorders...
- Quetiapine in bipolar disorder and cocaine dependenceE Sherwood Brown
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75390, USA
Bipolar Disord 4:406-11. 2002..Atypical antipsychotics are in widespread use in patients with bipolar disorder. However, minimal data are available on their use in bipolar patients with comorbid substance abuse...
- Characteristics and psychosocial predictors of psychiatric emergency center transport and length of stay in patients with dementia and Alzheimer's disease: a preliminary reportVicki A Nejtek
University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76107, USA
J Psychiatr Pract 17:251-7. 2011..However, few if any data are available that adequately describe characteristics and psychosocial triggers of agitation and aggression leading to transport and admission to a PEC...
- Iowa Gambling Task scores predict future drug use in bipolar disorder outpatients with stimulant dependenceVicki A Nejtek
University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, TX, USA Electronic address
Psychiatry Res 210:871-9. 2013..The lack of a bipolar control group and a modest sample size may limit data interpretations. ..
- Quetiapine for alcohol use and craving in bipolar disorderJason Longoria
J Clin Psychopharmacol 24:101-2. 2004
- Cocaine and amphetamine use in patients with psychiatric illness: a randomized trial of typical antipsychotic continuation or discontinuationE Sherwood Brown
Dep artment of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 8849, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 23:384-8. 2003..Definitive trials of typical antipsychotic discontinuation in dual-diagnosis patients are warranted...
- An open-label, flexible-dose study of olanzapine in the treatment of trichotillomaniaRege S Stewart
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 75390 9101
J Clin Psychiatry 64:49-52. 2003..This open-label study is the first to systematically evaluate an atypical neuroleptic, olanzapine, as a monotherapy in the treatment of trichotillomania...