Genomes and Genes
D W Nebert
Affiliation: University of Cincinnati
- Galvez Peralta M, Wang Z, Bao S, Knoell D, Nebert D. Tissue-Specific Induction of Mouse ZIP8 and ZIP14 Divalent Cation/Bicarbonate Symporters by, and Cytokine Response to, Inflammatory Signals. Int J Toxicol. 2014;33:246-258 pubmed..In the context of cadmium-mediated toxicity, our data suggest that tissues other than liver, kidney, and lung should also be considered. ..
- Jorge Nebert L, GÃ¡lvez Peralta M, Landero Figueroa J, Somarathna M, Hojyo S, Fukada T, et al. Comparing gene expression during cadmium uptake and distribution: untreated versus oral Cd-treated wild-type and ZIP14 knockout mice. Toxicol Sci. 2015;143:26-35 pubmed publisher..These data underscore the complex interplay between the gastrointestinal tract and renal proteins that might be relevant to Cd uptake and distribution in animals exposed to oral Cd. ..
- Nebert D, Roe A, Dieter M, Solis W, Yang Y, Dalton T. Role of the aromatic hydrocarbon receptor and [Ah] gene battery in the oxidative stress response, cell cycle control, and apoptosis. Biochem Pharmacol. 2000;59:65-85 pubmed..These proposed endogenous functions of the AHR and [Ah] enzymes are, of course, in addition to the frequently described functions of "metabolic potentiation" and "detoxification" of various foreign chemicals. ..
- Nebert D, Dalton T, Okey A, Gonzalez F. Role of aryl hydrocarbon receptor-mediated induction of the CYP1 enzymes in environmental toxicity and cancer. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:23847-50 pubmed
- Jorge Nebert L, Zhang G, Wilson K, Jiang Z, Butler R, Gluckman J, et al. Head-and-neck squamous cell carcinoma risk in smokers: no association detected between phenotype and AHR, CYP1A1, CYP1A2, or CYP1B1 genotype. Hum Genomics. 2016;10:39 pubmed..Considering the cohort size, we therefore conclude that the variant alleles chosen for these four genes, alone or in combinations, are not statistically significantly associated with risk of cigarette-smoking-induced HNSCC. ..