Daniel A Nation
Affiliation: University of California
- Stress, exercise, and Alzheimer's disease: a neurovascular pathwayDaniel A Nation
University of California San Diego, School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, San Diego, CA, USA
Med Hypotheses 76:847-54. 2011..Greater knowledge of the molecular mechanisms behind these behavioral effects would further our understanding of the disease and lead to innovative treatment and preventive approaches...
- Antemortem pulse pressure elevation predicts cerebrovascular disease in autopsy-confirmed Alzheimer's diseaseDaniel A Nation
Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 30:595-603. 2012..These findings may have treatment implications since some antihypertensive medications specifically address the pulsatile component of blood pressure (e.g., renin-angiotensin system inhibitors, calcium channel blockers)...
- Cortical and subcortical cerebrovascular resistance index in mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer's diseaseDaniel A Nation
Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System, San Diego, CA, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 36:689-98. 2013..Findings suggest CVRi may play a role in cognitive decline and cerebrovascular disease in MCI and AD. ..
- Are empirically-derived subtypes of mild cognitive impairment consistent with conventional subtypes?Lindsay R Clark
San Diego State University University of California San Diego Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, San Diego, CA, USA
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 19:635-45. 2013..Whether these empirically-derived MCI subtypes correspond to dissociable neuropathologic substrates and represent reliable prodromes of dementia will require additional follow-up...
- Posterior cingulum white matter disruption and its associations with verbal memory and stroke risk in mild cognitive impairmentLisa Delano-Wood
VA San Diego Healthcare System, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 29:589-603. 2012..Findings implicate involvement of posterior microstructural white matter degeneration in the development of MCI-related cognitive changes and suggest that reduced FA of the PC may be a candidate neuroimaging marker of AD risk...
- Altered brain response for semantic knowledge in Alzheimer's diseaseChristina E Wierenga
Research Service, Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Neuropsychologia 49:392-404. 2011....