Laura A Napolitano
Affiliation: University of California
- Increased circulating interleukin-7 levels in HIV-1-infected womenLaura A Napolitano
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of California at San Francisco, 94158, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 40:581-4. 2005..0032) after controlling for CD4 count, age, and race. Given the important role of IL-7 in T-cell development and homeostasis, these findings suggest that higher IL-7 levels may contribute to higher CD4 counts in women...
- Growth hormone enhances thymic function in HIV-1-infected adultsLaura A Napolitano
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
J Clin Invest 118:1085-98. 2008..Further, these randomized, prospective data have shown that thymic involution can be pharmacologically reversed in humans, suggesting that immune-based therapies could be used to enhance thymopoiesis in immunodeficient individuals...
- Increased thymic mass and circulating naive CD4 T cells in HIV-1-infected adults treated with growth hormoneLaura A Napolitano
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94141, USA
AIDS 16:1103-11. 2002..CONCLUSION: GH has significant effects on the human immune system, including the reversal of thymic atrophy in HIV-1-infected adults. De-novo T cell production may thus be inducible in immunodeficient adults...
- Effects of IL-7 on early human thymocyte progenitor cells in vitro and in SCID-hu Thy/Liv miceLaura A Napolitano
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94141, USA
J Immunol 171:645-54. 2003..Given the growing interest in the use of IL-7 for the treatment of human immunodeficiency, these findings support additional investigation into its in vivo effects on thymopoiesis and HIV infection...
- Growth hormone-induced stimulation of multilineage human hematopoiesisMary B Hanley
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, 1650 Owens Street, San Francisco, California 94158-2261, USA
Stem Cells 23:1170-9. 2005..These findings identify specific targets of GH and IGF-I within human FBM, and demonstrate direct and indirect effects that may contribute to GH-mediated enhancement of human hemato-lymphopoiesis...
- Approaches to immune reconstitution in HIV infectionLaura A Napolitano
University of California-San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Top HIV Med 11:160-3. 2003
- Associations of insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I and IGF-binding protein-3 with HIV disease progression in womenHoward D Strickler
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Infect Dis 197:319-27. 2008....
- Accumulation of DC-SIGN+CD40+ dendritic cells with reduced CD80 and CD86 expression in lymphoid tissue during acute HIV-1 infectionKarin Lore
Division of Clinical Virology, Department of Microbiology, Pathology and Immunology, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
AIDS 16:683-92. 2002..Dendritic cells (DC) are target cells for HIV-1 and play a key role in antigen presentation and activation of T cells...
- REGULATION OF THYMOPOIESIS IN HIV1 DISEASELaura Napolitano; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Growth Hormone/Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1/T-CellLaura Napolitano; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will perform longitudinal analysis of HIV and CMV-specific immune responses in the context of a randomized prospective clinical study examining the effects of GH on the immune system of HIV-infected adults. ..
- Positron Emission Tomography to Evaluate Thymic FunctionLaura Napolitano; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Effects of Growth Hormone and Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 on ThymopoiesisLaura Napolitano; Fiscal Year: 2007..If successful, this information would be directly applicable to the future development of targeted therapies to enhance T cell production in immunodeficient individuals. ..