Jarlath E Nally
Affiliation: University of California
- Leptospirosis: a zoonotic disease of global importanceAjay R Bharti
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Lancet Infect Dis 3:757-71. 2003..Mainstays of treatment are still tetracyclines and beta-lactam/cephalosporins. No vaccine is available. Prevention is largely dependent on sanitation measures that may be difficult to implement, especially in developing countries...
- Purification and proteomic analysis of outer membrane vesicles from a clinical isolate of Leptospira interrogans serovar CopenhageniJarlath E Nally
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Proteomics 5:144-52. 2005....
- Alveolar septal deposition of immunoglobulin and complement parallels pulmonary hemorrhage in a guinea pig model of severe pulmonary leptospirosisJarlath E Nally
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Am J Pathol 164:1115-27. 2004..This suggests that an autoimmune process may be the etiology of fatal pulmonary hemorrhage in leptospirosis...
- Changes in lipopolysaccharide O antigen distinguish acute versus chronic Leptospira interrogans infectionsJarlath E Nally
Department of Medicine, 37 121 CHS, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of California Los Angeles, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Infect Immun 73:3251-60. 2005..The hypothesis that the Oag content is related to whether lethal infection or chronic renal tubular colonization occurs remains to be tested...
- Lethal infection of C3H/HeJ and C3H/SCID mice with an isolate of Leptospira interrogans serovar copenhageniJarlath E Nally
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of California Los Angeles, 90095, USA
Infect Immun 73:7014-7. 2005..In this study, RJ16441 caused lethal infection of both C3H/HeJ and C3H/SCID mice, but no hemorrhagic phenomena were observed...
- Characterization of the outer membrane proteome of Leptospira interrogans expressed during acute lethal infectionJarlath E Nally
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Infect Immun 75:766-73. 2007..Significant amounts of LipL32 are also expressed by Leptospira during acute infection of guinea pigs...
- Analysis of bacterial membrane proteins produced during mammalian infection using hydrophobic antigen tissue triton extraction (HATTREX)Timothy R Crother
Pediatrics Infectious Diseases, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Curr Protoc Microbiol . 2008..Characterization of the detergent phase sample provides insights into the proteome of bacterial membranes during infection...
- Proteomic analysis of Leptospira interrogans shed in urine of chronically infected hostsAvril M Monahan
Veterinary Sciences Centre, UCD School of Agriculture Food Science and Veterinary Medicine, College of Life Sciences, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
Infect Immun 76:4952-8. 2008..Results confirm that differential protein expression by Leptospira during chronic infection facilitates its persistence in the presence of a specific host antibody response...
- Proteomic studies of pathogenic LeptospiraJarlath Nally; Fiscal Year: 2004....