Genomes and Genes
Eric K Nakakura
Affiliation: University of California
- The ETS oncogene family transcription factor FEV identifies serotonin-producing cells in normal and neoplastic small intestineYu Cheng Wang
UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, 1600 Divisadero Street, A 724, San Francisco, California 94143 1932, USA
Endocr Relat Cancer 17:283-91. 2010..We conclude that FEV expression identifies serotonin-producing cells in normal and neoplastic SI and is a novel target for diagnosis of patients with NETs of the SI...
- Regulation of neuroendocrine differentiation in gastrointestinal carcinoid tumor cells by notch signalingEric K Nakakura
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:4350-6. 2005....
- Lack of NKX2.2 expression in bronchopulmonary typical carcinoid tumors: implications for patients with neuroendocrine tumor metastases and unknown primary siteYu Cheng Wang
UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 1932, USA
J Surg Res 163:47-51. 2010..2. We hypothesized that lack of NKX2.2 expression in BP-TCs might be useful to distinguish BP- from GI-NETs, and evaluated NKX2.2 expression in a larger number of BP-TCs...
- Lymph node sampling rates and predictors of nodal metastasis in pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor resections: the UCSF experience with 149 patientsJustin R Parekh
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Pancreas 41:840-4. 2012..We sought to identify clinicopathological factors that predict nodal disease...
- Management of well-differentiated gastrointestinal neuroendocrine tumors metastatic to the liverSam C Wang
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology and UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Semin Oncol 40:69-74. 2013..Since NETs are rare, all of the available evidence is based on retrospective studies that have limited sample size. As a result, recommendations are offered with caution...
- Immunostaining for peroxisome proliferator gamma distinguishes dedifferentiated liposarcoma from other retroperitoneal sarcomasAndrew E Horvai
Department of Pathology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94115 1656, USA
Mod Pathol 21:517-24. 2008....
- MicroRNA dynamics in the stages of tumorigenesis correlate with hallmark capabilities of cancerPeter Olson
Diabetes Center, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Genes Dev 23:2152-65. 2009..Many of the miR changes associated with specific stages and hallmark capabilities in the mouse model are similarly altered in human tumors, including cognate pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors, implying a generality...
- Complete and safe resection of challenging retroperitoneal tumors: anticipation of multi-organ and major vascular resection and use of adjunct proceduresWilliam W Tseng
Division of Surgical Oncology, University of California at San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
World J Surg Oncol 9:143. 2011..Few studies directly address strategies for complete and safe resection of challenging retroperitoneal tumors...
- Unique patterns of metastases in common and rare types of malignancyStanley P L Leong
Center for Melanoma Research and Treatmnet and Department of Surgery, California Pacific Medical Center and Research Institute, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
J Surg Oncol 103:607-14. 2011..Perhaps, different subsets of cancer may be better defined with relevant biomarkers so that mechanisms of metastasis can be more accurately defined on a molecular and genomic level...
- Identification of unknown primary tumors in patients with neuroendocrine liver metastasesSam C Wang
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, University of California San Francisco, 1600 Divisadero Street, San Francisco, CA 94143 1932, USA
Arch Surg 145:276-80. 2010..Despite preoperative evaluation, the primary tumor location may remain unknown...
- Homeodomain transcription factor NKX2.2 functions in immature cells to control enteroendocrine differentiation and is expressed in gastrointestinal neuroendocrine tumorsYu Cheng Wang
UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Endocr Relat Cancer 16:267-79. 2009..2 functions in immature endocrine cells to control NE differentiation in normal intestine and is expressed in most NE tumors of the gut, and is therefore a novel target of diagnosis for patients with gastrointestinal NE tumors...
- Can CT features differentiate between inferior vena cava leiomyosarcomas and primary retroperitoneal masses?Emily M Webb
Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging, University of California San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Ave, Box 0628, M 372, San Francisco, CA 94143 0628, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 200:205-9. 2013..The objective of our study was to evaluate and describe CT features that may differentiate inferior vena cava (IVC) leiomyosarcomas from primary retroperitoneal masses...
- Arterial embolization for the management of gastrointestinal hemorrhage from metastatic renal cell carcinomaNicholas Fidelman
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, Room M 361, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 21:741-4. 2010..Complications including GI ischemia and nontarget embolization were not encountered. Arterial embolization can be used safely for palliation of hemorrhage from RCC metastases to the GI tract...
- Compound muscle action potentials and spontaneous electromyography can be used to identify and protect the femoral nerve during resection of large retroperitoneal tumorsLanJun Guo
Neurophysiological Monitoring Service, University of California San Francisco, 533 Parnassus Avenue, U 491, Box 0220, San Francisco, CA 94143 0112, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 15:1594-9. 2008..We used electrical neurophysiological monitoring to identify, map, and preserve the femoral nerve during surgical resection to reduce the risk of neurological deficit...
- Notch signaling induces rapid degradation of achaete-scute homolog 1Virote Sriuranpong
Program in Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Oncology Center, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:3129-39. 2002..This novel function of activated Notch to rapidly degrade a class II bHLH protein may prove to be important in many contexts in development and in cancer...