K V Nair
Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Evaluation of health and pharmacy benefit information in health plan information packagesK V Nair
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, School of Pharmacy, Denver, USA
Manag Care Interface 14:51-4. 2001..Managed care decision makers will benefit from understanding the informational needs of their members and from designing health care benefit information to accommodate these needs...
- Quality assessment of dyslipidemia in managed care: current best evidence should be used to benchmark qualityKavita V Nair
School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262 0001, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:124-7. 2006..We propose a broad framework that provides health plans with guidance on developing a new quality measure for dyslipidemia that focuses on pharmacotherapy...
- Categorization of infliximab dose changes and healthcare utilization and expenditures for patients with rheumatoid arthritis in commercially insured and Medicare-eligible populationsKavita V Nair
University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 25:303-14. 2009..To evaluate how changes in infliximab dose influence resource utilization and expenditures for patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Therapeutic and economic consequences of OTC loratadineKavita V Nair
School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Ann Pharmacother 38:169-71. 2004
- Effects of a 3-tier pharmacy benefit design on the prescription purchasing behavior of individuals with chronic diseaseKavita V Nair
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, School of Pharmacy, 4200 East Ninth Ave, Box C 238, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 9:123-33. 2003..To evaluate the impact of 3-tier (copayment) pharmacy benefit structures on medication utilization behavior...
- A retrospective cohort study of correlates of response to pharmacologic therapy for hyperlipidemia in members of a managed care organizationRobert J Valuck
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, School of Pharmacy, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Clin Ther 25:2936-57. 2003..Few studies have examined the effectiveness of statins in a managed care setting...
- The effect of the Rx-to-OTC switch of loratadine and changes in prescription drug benefits on utilization and cost of therapyPatrick W Sullivan
Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research Program, University of Colorado School of Pharmacy, Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Denver 80262, USA
Am J Manag Care 11:374-82. 2005..Numerous prescription products have become available over the counter (OTC) in recent years. Previous simulation models have shown the Rx-to-OTC switch of loratadine to be cost effective...
- Do consumers' attitudes predict prescription purchasing behavior?Kavita V Nair
School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, USA
Manag Care Interface 16:22-7, 55. 2003..The findings appear to support the concept of three-tier plans, and increasing copayments seems to facilitate greater adherence to health plan formularies...
- Consumer attitudes and factors related to prescription switching decisions in multitier copayment drug benefit plansJulie M Ganther-Urmie
College of Pharmacy, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Am J Manag Care 10:201-8. 2004..To examine patient attitudes related to formulary medications and medication-related decision making in multitier copayment prescription drug plans...
- Consumer responses to a pharmacy benefit report cardKavita V Nair
School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, USA
J Health Care Finance 31:55-72. 2004..The pharmacy benefit report card could be an useful tool for specific populations such as those with an increased need for medication...