Kristen J Nadeau
Affiliation: University of Colorado
- Childhood obesity and cardiovascular disease: links and prevention strategiesKristen J Nadeau
The Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Building A, 13123 East 16th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Nat Rev Cardiol 8:513-25. 2011..We also evaluate how obesity treatment strategies can improve risk factors and, ultimately, adverse clinical outcomes...
- Cardiovascular function/dysfunction in adolescents with type 1 diabetesKristen J Nadeau
Pediatric Endocrinology, University of Colorado The Children s Hospital, 13123 East 16th Avenue, B265, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Curr Diab Rep 11:185-92. 2011....
- Health-related quality of life in adolescents with comorbidities related to obesityKristen Nadeau
The Children s Hospital of Denver, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, USA
J Adolesc Health 49:90-2. 2011..Psychosocial correlates of medically complex obesity are poorly understood in adolescents...
- Insulin resistance in adolescents with type 1 diabetes and its relationship to cardiovascular functionKristen J Nadeau
AssistantUniversity of Colorado Health Sciences Center, The Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatric Endocrinology B265, 13123 East 16th Avenue, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:513-21. 2010..The phenotype of IR in T1D youth was unique, suggesting a pathophysiology that is different from T2D, yet may adversely affect long-term cardiovascular outcomes...
- Insulin resistance in type 2 diabetic youthKara Mizokami-Stout
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Denver and the Children s Hospital Colorado, Denver, Colorado, USA
Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes 19:255-62. 2012..Insulin resistance is associated with a variety of cardiometabolic problems leading to increased morbidity and mortality across the lifespan...
- Psychological functioning in adolescents with obesity co-morbiditiesNatalie Walders-Abramson
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Colorado Denver and Children s Hospital Colorado, Aurora, CO, USA
Child Obes 9:319-25. 2013....
- Testosterone, obesity and insulin resistance in young males: evidence for an association between gonadal dysfunction and insulin resistance during pubertyMegan Moriarty-Kelsey
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Denver The Children s Hospital, 13123 East 16th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 23:1281-7. 2010..To assess the relationships among obesity, insulin sensitivity, and testosterone in pubertal boys...
- Insulin resistance in adolescents with type 2 diabetes is associated with impaired exercise capacityKristen J Nadeau
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, The Children s Hospital, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:3687-95. 2009..Cardiopulmonary fitness, a marker of morbidity and mortality, is abnormal in adults with T2D, yet the mechanisms are incompletely understood...
- Etiology of insulin resistance in youth with type 2 diabetesMelanie Cree-Green
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Denver and the Children s Hospital Colorado, Box 265, 13123 E Colfax Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Curr Diab Rep 13:81-8. 2013..Further understanding of IR, the progression to T2DM in youth, and later outcomes as adults will help direct future therapies and interventions for youth at risk...
- Estimated insulin sensitivity and cardiovascular disease risk factors in adolescents with and without type 1 diabetesBrian J Specht
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Pediatr 162:297-301. 2013....
- Presence of the metabolic syndrome in obese adolescents predicts impaired glucose tolerance and nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseKathy A Love-Osborne
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Denver Health and Hospitals, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80205, USA
J Adolesc Health 42:543-8. 2008..To evaluate whether the presence of metabolic syndrome (MS) in obese adolescents is associated with other comorbidities of obesity..
- Treatment of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease with metformin versus lifestyle intervention in insulin-resistant adolescentsKristen J Nadeau
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Pediatr Diabetes 10:5-13. 2009..While metformin plus lifestyle intervention appears promising, defining NAFLD therapies capable of preventing fibrosis and cirrhosis requires further study...
- Age-related consequences of childhood obesityMegan M Kelsey
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colo, USA
Gerontology 60:222-8. 2014..This review outlines the evidence for childhood obesity as a predictor of adult obesity and obesity-related disorders, thereby emphasizing the importance of early intervention to prevent the onset of obesity in childhood...
- The StatStrip glucose monitor is suitable for use during hyperinsulinemic euglycemic clamps in a pediatric populationKara A Lindquist
1 University of Colorado Denver, Children s Hospital Colorado, Aurora, Colorado
Diabetes Technol Ther 16:298-302. 2014....
- Targeting mitochondria to restore failed adaptation to exercise in diabetesKate Geary
Anschutz Medical Campus, University of Colorado, 13001 E 17th Place, Aurora, CO 80045, U S A
Biochem Soc Trans 42:231-8. 2014..The present review summarizes our current working hypothesis that restoration of eNOS/NOS dysfunction will restore cellular homoeostasis and permit an optimal tissue response to an exercise training intervention. ..