Kristen J Nadeau
Affiliation: University of Colorado
- Cardiovascular function/dysfunction in adolescents with type 1 diabetesKristen J Nadeau
Pediatric Endocrinology, University of Colorado The Children s Hospital, 13123 East 16th Avenue, B265, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Curr Diab Rep 11:185-92. 2011....
- Childhood obesity and cardiovascular disease: links and prevention strategiesKristen J Nadeau
The Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Building A, 13123 East 16th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Nat Rev Cardiol 8:513-25. 2011..We also evaluate how obesity treatment strategies can improve risk factors and, ultimately, adverse clinical outcomes...
- Health-related quality of life in adolescents with comorbidities related to obesityKristen Nadeau
The Children s Hospital of Denver, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, USA
J Adolesc Health 49:90-2. 2011..Psychosocial correlates of medically complex obesity are poorly understood in adolescents...
- Insulin resistance in adolescents with type 1 diabetes and its relationship to cardiovascular functionKristen J Nadeau
AssistantUniversity of Colorado Health Sciences Center, The Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatric Endocrinology B265, 13123 East 16th Avenue, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:513-21. 2010..The phenotype of IR in T1D youth was unique, suggesting a pathophysiology that is different from T2D, yet may adversely affect long-term cardiovascular outcomes...
- Insulin resistance in type 2 diabetic youthKara Mizokami-Stout
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Denver and the Children s Hospital Colorado, Denver, Colorado, USA
Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes 19:255-62. 2012..Insulin resistance is associated with a variety of cardiometabolic problems leading to increased morbidity and mortality across the lifespan...
- Testosterone, obesity and insulin resistance in young males: evidence for an association between gonadal dysfunction and insulin resistance during pubertyMegan Moriarty-Kelsey
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Denver The Children s Hospital, 13123 East 16th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 23:1281-7. 2010..To assess the relationships among obesity, insulin sensitivity, and testosterone in pubertal boys...
- Insulin resistance in adolescents with type 2 diabetes is associated with impaired exercise capacityKristen J Nadeau
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, The Children s Hospital, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:3687-95. 2009..Cardiopulmonary fitness, a marker of morbidity and mortality, is abnormal in adults with T2D, yet the mechanisms are incompletely understood...
- Presence of the metabolic syndrome in obese adolescents predicts impaired glucose tolerance and nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseKathy A Love-Osborne
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Denver Health and Hospitals, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80205, USA
J Adolesc Health 42:543-8. 2008..To evaluate whether the presence of metabolic syndrome (MS) in obese adolescents is associated with other comorbidities of obesity..
- Treatment of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease with metformin versus lifestyle intervention in insulin-resistant adolescentsKristen J Nadeau
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Pediatr Diabetes 10:5-13. 2009..While metformin plus lifestyle intervention appears promising, defining NAFLD therapies capable of preventing fibrosis and cirrhosis requires further study...