Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Mother-infant bonding impairment across the first 6 months postpartum: the primacy of psychopathology in women with childhood abuse and neglect historiesMaria Muzik
Department of Psychiatry and Depression Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2701, USA
Arch Womens Ment Health 16:29-38. 2013..Results support the use of the Postpartum Bonding Questionnaire as a tool to assess parenting quality by its demonstrated association with observed parenting behaviors...
- Mindfulness yoga during pregnancy for psychiatrically at-risk women: preliminary results from a pilot feasibility studyMaria Muzik
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, 4250 Plymouth Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2701, USA
Complement Ther Clin Pract 18:235-40. 2012..000) significantly increased. Overall, this pilot study is the first to demonstrate that M-Yoga may be an effective treatment alternative or augmentation to pharmacotherapy for pregnant women at high risk for psychopathology...
- When depression complicates childbearing: guidelines for screening and treatment during antenatal and postpartum obstetric careMaria Muzik
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Rachel Upjohn Building, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am 36:771-88, ix-x. 2009....
- The role of infant sleep in intergenerational transmission of traumaIlana S Hairston
Psychiatry Department, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2700, USA
Sleep 34:1373-83. 2011..In turn, infant sleep difficulty predicts behavioral and emotional problems later in life. The aim of this study was to investigate whether infant sleep problems predict early behavioral problems indicative of IGTT...
- Childhood abuse history, posttraumatic stress disorder, postpartum mental health, and bonding: a prospective cohort studyJulia S Seng
Institute for Research onWomen and Gender, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 1290, USA
J Midwifery Womens Health 58:57-68. 2013..This prospective study included 566 nulliparous women in 3 cohorts: PTSD-positive, trauma-exposed resilient, and not exposed to trauma...
- Exploring posttraumatic stress disorder symptom profile among pregnant womenJulia S Seng
Institute for Research on Women and Gender, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 1290, USA
J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol 31:176-87. 2010..Further elucidation is warranted, including identifying triggers and determining if there are needs for pregnancy-specific interventions...
- Optimizing the early parent-child relationship: windows of opportunity for parents and pediatriciansPrachi E Shah
Division of Child Behavioral Health, Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Curr Probl Pediatr Adolesc Health Care 41:183-7. 2011....
- Maternal representations of the infant: associations with infant response to the still faceKatherine L Rosenblum
Center for Human Growth and Development, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Child Dev 73:999-1015. 2002..These findings highlight the role of maternal representations in the process by which dyads repair temporary disruptions in interaction, as well as individual differences in infants' and mothers' responses to the Still Face...