Ali I Musani
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Outpatient management of malignant pleural effusions with small-bore, tunneled pleural cathetersAli I Musani
Interventional Pulmonology Program, Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4283, USA
Respiration 71:559-66. 2004..Control of MPEs to palliate respiratory symptoms can be performed via several different approaches. Ideally, a minimally invasive procedure to control MPEs and to provide relief of respiratory symptoms would be optimal...
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and inhaled steroids alter surfactant protein D (SP-D) levels: a cross-sectional studyMichael W Sims
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Respir Res 9:13. 2008..Deficiency of this molecule induces emphysematous changes in murine lungs, but its significance in human COPD remains unclear...
- Malignant pleural effusions: management options with consideration of coding, billing, and a decision approachAndrew R Haas
Interventional Pulmonary Program, Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, 834 Walnut St, Sixth Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Chest 132:1036-41. 2007..This article will provide a general review of MPE management strategies including information concerning coding, billing, documentation, and a decision approach among these various methods...
- Treatment options for malignant pleural effusionAli I Musani
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine, National Jewish Health, 1400 Jackson Street, J225, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Curr Opin Pulm Med 15:380-7. 2009..Given the poor prognosis of the majority of these patients, palliation, rather than cure, should be the goal of therapy...
- Transbronchial needle injection: a systematic review of a new diagnostic and therapeutic paradigmChristopher W Seymour
Department of Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104-4283, USA
Respiration 73:78-89. 2006..Diagnostic applications have included the localization of peripheral lung nodules as well as sentinel lymph nodes. CONCLUSIONS: Our review defines this bronchoscopic technique and summarizes its various reported applications...
- Endobronchial valve treatment for prolonged air leaks of the lung: a case seriesColin T Gillespie
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 91:270-3. 2011..We present the results of a consecutive case series treating complex alveolopleural fistula with valves...
- Short-term Placement of Multiple Self-expandable Metallic Stents for the Treatment of Bilateral Bronchial Dehiscences Complicating Lung TransplantationMeltem Tor
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Zonguldak Karaelmas University, Zonguldak, Istanbul Pulmonary and Critical Care, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, University of Colorado, Denver, CO Pulmonary Allergy and Critical Care Divison, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
J Bronchology Interv Pulmonol 16:63-5. 2009..We conclude that short-term placement of uncovered self-expanding metallic stents provides a safe and minimally invasive option in the management of bilateral dehiscences...
- Concentration of cytokines and growth factors in BAL fluid after allergen challenge in asthmatics and their effect on alpha-smooth muscle actin and collagen III synthesis by human lung fibroblastsVikas Batra
Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Chest 123:398S-9S. 2003
- Emerging paradigms in the management of malignant pleural effusionsGhulam Khaleeq
Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia PA, USA
Respir Med 102:939-48. 2008..Despite multiple new therapies placement of chest tube with sclerotherapy remains the standard of care. The purpose of this article is to review the emerging therapeutic options for MPE management...