C M Murphy
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Partner violence before and after individually based alcoholism treatment for male alcoholic patientsTIMOTHY J O'FARRELL
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School and VA Boston Healthcare System, Brockton, Massachusetts 02301, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 71:92-102. 2003..Thus, partner violence decreased after alcoholism treatment, and clinically significant violence reductions occurred for patients whose alcoholism was remitted after treatment...
- Individual treatment of intimate partner violence perpetratorsChristopher M Murphy
Department of Psychology, University of Maryland, Baltimore 21239, USA
Violence Vict 23:173-86. 2008..Nevertheless, individual treatment has been almost entirely ignored to date in clinical research with this population...
- Measuring emotional abuse in dating relationships as a multifactorial constructC M Murphy
University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Baltimore 21250, USA
Violence Vict 14:39-53. 1999..The results support the assessment of emotional abuse in dating relationships as a multifactorial construct...
- Alcohol consumption and intimate partner violence by alcoholic men: comparing violent and nonviolent conflictsChristopher M Murphy
Department of Psychology, University of Maryland Baltimore County UMBC, Baltimore, MD 21250, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 19:35-42. 2005..These within-subject comparisons help to rule out individual difference explanations for the alcohol-violence association and indicate that alcohol consumption is a proximal risk factor for partner violence in alcoholic men...
- Motivational interviewing with perpetrators of intimate partner abusePeter H Musser
Department of Psychology, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Baltimore, MD 21250, USA
J Clin Psychol 65:1218-31. 2009..An extended case report illustrates the value of MI spirit and techniques, including empathic reflection, evocative questions, affirmation, and rolling with resistance, in achieving these intervention goals...
- Correlates of intimate partner violence among male alcoholic patientsC M Murphy
Department of Psychology, University of Maryland, Baltimore County 21250, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 69:528-40. 2001..Beliefs in the link between drinking and relationship problems were associated with partner violence independent of other clinical factors...
- Motivational interviewing as a pregroup intervention for partner-violent menPeter H Musser
University of Maryland, Baltimore County 21250, USA
Violence Vict 23:539-57. 2008..The findings suggest that motivational interviewing can increase receptivity to partner violence interventions...
- Process and treatment adherence factors in group cognitive-behavioral therapy for partner violent menCasey T Taft
Department of Psychology, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, 21250, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 71:812-20. 2003..The findings support the promotion of a collaborative therapeutic environment to induce change among partner violent men...
- Examining the correlates of psychological aggression among a community sample of couplesCasey T Taft
Behavioral Science Division, National Center for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, VA Boston Healthcare System, Department of Psychiatry, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
J Fam Psychol 20:581-8. 2006..These data highlight the importance of the further development of models for psychological aggression in both women and men...
- Intimate partner aggression reporting concordance and correlates of agreement among men with alcohol use disorders and their female partnersJillian Panuzio
National Center for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston University School of Medicine 02130, USA
Assessment 13:266-79. 2006..Findings highlight the importance of obtaining aggression reports from both partners and the need for research investigating methods for improving concordance...
- Posttraumatic stress disorder symptomatology among partners of men in treatment for relationship abuseCasey T Taft
National Center for PTSD, Veterans Affairs Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA 02130, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 114:259-68. 2005..Findings from this study suggest the association between psychological abuse and PTSD is complex and multidetermined...
- Personality, interpersonal, and motivational predictors of the working alliance in group cognitive-behavioral therapy for partner violent menCasey T Taft
National Center for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, VA Boston Healthcare System, and Department of Psychiatry, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02130, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 72:349-54. 2004..The results support recent clinical efforts to address motivational readiness in programs for partner violent men...
- Partner violence before and after couples-based alcoholism treatment for male alcoholic patients: the role of treatment involvement and abstinenceTIMOTHY J O'FARRELL
Families and Addiction Program and Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02301, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 72:202-17. 2004....
- Factors associated with partner violence among female alcoholic patients and their male partnersKenneth A Chase
Harvard Families and Addiction Program, Harvard Medical School Department of Psychiatry, Veterans Affairs Boston Healthcare System, Brockton, Massachusetts 02301, USA
J Stud Alcohol 64:137-49. 2003..This study described the extent of partner violence victimization and perpetration among married or cohabiting female alcoholic patients and the factors associated with it...
- Individual Behavior Therapy for Partner Violent MenChristopher Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2004..Analyses will address the main effects of ICBT versus TAU, and will explore potential mediators (e.g., homework compliance, therapeutic alliance) and moderators (e.g., psychopathology) of change. ..
- MET for Alcohol Problems in Partner Violent MenChristopher Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2007..Additional analyses will test explanatory models of the effect of MET on partner violence that include alcohol use and involvement in domestic violence treatment as mediating variables. ..