Affiliation: University of Washington
- Resting state cortical connectivity reflected in EEG coherence in individuals with autismMichael Murias
University of Washington Autism Center, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Biol Psychiatry 62:270-3. 2007..Theoretical conceptions of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and experimental studies of cerebral blood flow suggest abnormalities in connections among distributed neural systems in ASD...
- ERP responses differentiate inverted but not upright face processing in adults with ASDSara Jane Webb
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 7:578-87. 2012..It is possible that the use of attention cues may facilitate face processing in high-functioning adults with ASD, suggesting that the underlying neural circuitry can be activated in adults with ASD under specific demands...
- Response to familiar faces, newly familiar faces, and novel faces as assessed by ERPs is intact in adults with autism spectrum disordersSara J Webb
University of Washington Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Seattle, WA, USA
Int J Psychophysiol 77:106-17. 2010..This study found no evidence that early-stage facial identity processing is a primary contributor to the face recognition deficit in high-functioning ASD...
- Toddlers with elevated autism symptoms show slowed habituation to facesSara Jane Webb
Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Child Neuropsychol 16:255-78. 2010..We conclude that slower rates of face learning may be an endophenotype of ASD and is associated with more severe symptoms among affected individuals...
- The role of face familiarity in eye tracking of faces by individuals with autism spectrum disordersLindsey Sterling
Department of Psychology, University of Washington Autism Center, University of Washington, Box 357920, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 38:1666-75. 2008..A second task assessed facial recognition accuracy and response time for familiar and novel faces. The groups did not differ on accuracy or reaction times...
- An investigation of the relationship between fMRI and ERP source localized measurements of brain activity during face processingNeva M Corrigan
Department of Radiology, University of Washington, 1100 NE 45th Street, Suite 555, Seattle, WA, 98195, USA
Brain Topogr 22:83-96. 2009..The combination of data from these techniques suggested that electrical brain activity at the latency of the N170 is highly represented in fMRI statistical maps...
- Functional connectivity of frontal cortex in healthy and ADHD children reflected in EEG coherenceMichael Murias
Autism Center, Center on Human Development and Disability, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Cereb Cortex 17:1788-99. 2007..The findings suggest a static state of deficient connectivity in ADHD and a stimulus-induced state of overconnectivity within and between frontal hemispheres...