Jason E Murasko
Affiliation: University of Houston-Clear Lake
- Associations between household income, height, and BMI in contemporary US schoolchildrenJason E Murasko
Economics, University of Houston Clear Lake, Houston, TX 77058, United States
Econ Hum Biol 11:185-96. 2013..The analysis suggests that higher-income US schoolchildren enter mid-adolescence as taller but with lower proportional body mass relative to their lower-income counterparts...
- An evaluation of the age-profile in the relationship between household income and the health of children in the United StatesJason E Murasko
School of Business, University of Houston Clear Lake, 2700 Bay Area Boulevard, Houston, TX 77058, United States
J Health Econ 27:1489-502. 2008..The analysis is unable to identify a major role of chronic conditions or injuries in these relationships...
- Male-female differences in the association between socioeconomic status and atherosclerotic risk in adolescentsJason E Murasko
Department of Economics, University of Houston Clear Lake, Houston, TX 77058, USA
Soc Sci Med 67:1889-97. 2008..The implications of these findings are discussed in the context of lifecourse development of coronary heart disease and related health policy...
- Socioeconomic status, height, and obesity in childrenJason E Murasko
University of Houston Clear Lake, 2700 Bay Area Blvd, Houston, TX 77058, United States
Econ Hum Biol 7:376-86. 2009..Interaction effects are also shown to be most evident in white males and Hispanic females. Policy implications are discussed and directions for future work are suggested...
- Trends in the associations between family income, height and body mass index in US children and adolescents: 1971-1980 and 1999-2008Jason E Murasko
School of Business, University of Houston Clear Lake2700 Bay Area Blvd, Houston, TX, 77058, USA
Ann Hum Biol 38:290-306. 2011..This paper evaluates trends in the childhood and adolescent associations between family income, height and body mass index (BMI) between the periods 1971-1980 and 1999-2008...