Affiliation: University of California
- LINE-1 retrotransposition in the nervous systemCharles A Thomas
Department of Pediatrics Rady Children s Hospital San Diego, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 28:555-73. 2012..In this review, we survey the literature related to neurodevelopmental retrotransposition and discuss possible relevance to neuronal function, evolution, and neurological disease...
- Modeling epilepsy with pluripotent human cellsAlysson Renato Muotri
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Genetics, VCSD Stem Cell Initiative, School of Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Epilepsy Behav 14:81-5. 2009..Here, I propose several strategies for how pluripotent stem cells, both human embryonic stem cells and induced pluripotent stem cells, can potentially be used to gain insights into the biology of temporal lobe epilepsy...
- Environmental influence on L1 retrotransposons in the adult hippocampusAlysson R Muotri
Department of Pediatrics Cellular and Molecular Medicine, School of Medicine, UCSD Stem Cell Initiative, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive 0695, California, USA
Hippocampus 19:1002-7. 2009..Such evidence suggests that experience-dependent L1 retrotransposition may contribute to the physiological consequences of neuronal plasticity...
- L1 retrotransposition in neurons is modulated by MeCP2Alysson R Muotri
University of California San Diego, School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics Rady Children s Hospital San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0695, USA
Nature 468:443-6. 2010..Our findings add a new level of complexity to the molecular events that can lead to neurological disorders...
- Modeling autism with human pluripotent cellsAlysson Muotri; Fiscal Year: 2009..The outcome of this study will increase our understanding of the mechanism behind autism, allowing better diagnoses and new therapeutic interventions. ..