Affiliation: University of California
- A phase II study of afatinib (BIBW 2992), an irreversible ErbB family blocker, in patients with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer progressing after trastuzumabNancy U Lin
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 133:1057-65. 2012..4%) and rash (9.8%). Afatinib monotherapy was associated with promising clinical activity in extensively pretreated HER2-positive breast cancer patients who had progressed following trastuzumab treatment...
- Randomized trial using gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist triptorelin for the preservation of ovarian function during (neo)adjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancerPamela N Munster
University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:533-8. 2012..This prospective randomized trial evaluated the use of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) analog triptorelin to preserve ovarian function in women treated with chemotherapy for early-stage breast cancer...
- Clinical and biological effects of valproic acid as a histone deacetylase inhibitor on tumor and surrogate tissues: phase I/II trial of valproic acid and epirubicin/FECPamela Munster
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of California, San Francisco, Divisadero, San Francisco, California 94143 1711, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:2488-96. 2009..The aim was to study the biological and molecular effects of the histone deacetylase (HDAC) inhibitor, valproic acid, in patients with solid tumor malignancies...
- Phase I trial of vorinostat and doxorubicin in solid tumours: histone deacetylase 2 expression as a predictive markerP N Munster
Division of Hematology and Oncology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Br J Cancer 101:1044-50. 2009..Histone deacetylase inhibitors (HDACi) can sensitise cancer cells to topoisomerase inhibitors by increasing their access and binding to DNA...
- A phase II study of the histone deacetylase inhibitor vorinostat combined with tamoxifen for the treatment of patients with hormone therapy-resistant breast cancerP N Munster
Division of Hematology and Oncology, University of California, San Francisco, 1600 Divisadero, Rm A719 Box 1711, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Br J Cancer 104:1828-35. 2011..Preclinically, HDAC inhibitors can reverse tamoxifen/aromatase inhibitor resistance in hormone receptor-positive breast cancer. This concept was examined in a phase II combination trial with correlative end points...
- Preclinical and clinical activity of the topoisomerase I inhibitor, karenitecin, in melanomaPamela N Munster
University of California, Department of Medicine, San Francisco, CA, USA
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 20:1565-74. 2011..The treatment for melanoma is in rapid transition and genomic profiling is now an integral part, and hence the optimal use of karenitecin in melanoma should be re-evaluated with regard to specific mutational status...
- The Role of Selective HDAC Enzymes in Drug SensitivityPamela N Munster; Fiscal Year: 2010..In pre- and post-treatment tumor samples, we will determine which HDACs are involved in the cellular effects induced by the HDACi and which HDACs may predict response. ..