R A Mulnard
Affiliation: University of California
- Estrogen replacement therapy for treatment of mild to moderate Alzheimer disease: a randomized controlled trial. Alzheimer's Disease Cooperative StudyR A Mulnard
Institute for Brain Aging and Dementia, University of California, Irvine 92697 4540, USA
JAMA 283:1007-15. 2000..Several reports from small clinical trials have suggested that estrogen replacement therapy may be useful for the treatment of Alzheimer disease (AD) in women...
- Translational research: connecting evidence to clinical practiceRuth A Mulnard
Program in Nursing Science, Institute for Clinical and Translational Science, University of California Irvine, Irvine, California, USA
Jpn J Nurs Sci 8:1-6. 2011....
- Methodological issues in estrogen treatment trials for Alzheimer's diseaseRuth A Mulnard
Department of Neurology, Institute for Brain Aging and Dementia, 1113 Gillespie Neuroscience Research Facility, University of California Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697 4540, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1052:173-81. 2005..Design variations among these trials may account for the inconsistent results of these investigations and the persistent gap in knowledge about the appropriate use of estrogen in the treatment paradigm for degenerative diseases...
- Estrogen replacement therapy, Alzheimer's disease, and mild cognitive impairmentRuth A Mulnard
Departments of Neurology, and Neurobiology and Behavior, University of California Irvine, Gillespie NRF, Room 1113, Irvine, CA 92697 4540, USA
Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 4:368-73. 2004..Additional basic and clinical investigations are necessary to examine different forms and dosages of estrogens, other populations, and the relevance of timing and duration of exposure...
- Writing an application for a human subjects institutional review boardHenri G Colt
Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of California Irvine, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Chest 130:1605-7. 2006....
- Steroid-induced elevation of glucose in Alzheimer's disease: relationship to gender, apolipoprotein E genotype and cognitionP S Aisen
Department of Neurology, Georgetown University Medical Center, 1Bles Building, 3800 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Psychoneuroendocrinology 28:113-20. 2003..These results support a relationship between gender, apolipoprotein E genotype and glucose metabolism, but do not indicate that mild changes in glucose have an important impact on cognitive function...
- High-dose B vitamin supplementation and cognitive decline in Alzheimer disease: a randomized controlled trialPaul S Aisen
Department of Neurosciences, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Dr, M C 0949, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
JAMA 300:1774-83. 2008..Prior studies of B vitamins to reduce homocysteine in AD have not had sufficient size or duration to assess their effect on cognitive decline...
- Episodic memory loss is related to hippocampal-mediated beta-amyloid deposition in elderly subjectsE C Mormino
Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Brain 132:1310-23. 2009..This pattern suggests that declining EM in older individuals may be caused by Abeta-induced hippocampus atrophy...
- Apolipoprotein E (APOE) genotype has dissociable effects on memory and attentional-executive network function in Alzheimer's diseaseDavid A Wolk
Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:10256-61. 2010....
- Diagnosing depression in Alzheimer disease with the national institute of mental health provisional criteriaEdmond Teng
Department of Neurology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 16:469-77. 2008....